The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

On 25/04/2020 at 7:59 AM, themagician said:

There is also all of this in the car park but I can’t make out what it is

8616FD91-CD94-4EE0-BD31-C7F003AEDE66.thumb.jpeg.d0a84e3f72ea6d0cc269660b5ca73e2b.jpeg

8 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

it does appear to be piles of timber in the carpark

Spot on. I did see ground level pictures taken of this compound when the first timbers arrived. I thought it was Magician but maybe it was Jworld.

I'm pretty certain its the track pieces and\or supports for leviathan.... 🤣

• Like 1

@TomiJ thanks for sharing, but yes, they were shared a couple months ago and there were more works done since these photos were taken

The key part of his post is the text, which I assume has just been taken from GC Bulletin

A9855DFD-B1F2-48D4-A7A2-8EEF211F9B3A.thumb.jpeg.0feb418a1e3bbcaea0574d98b08cac9f.jpeg

Would be awesome if the ride was ready for when they can reopen

EDIT: Full article is here if anyone has access and can share

https://www.qt.com.au/news/new-theme-park-rides-to-launch-after-lockdown/4004746/

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TomiJ said:

As stated I did not take these photos, so please don't call me an asshole or a dickhead. Let's try not to have another shit fight pleaassseeeee. 

You're a dickhead for not knowing the photos are old.  </s>

I don't know if a filler will drive visitation but when the whole project is completed it should.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

You're a dickhead for not knowing the photos are old.  </s>

You're an asshole! </s>

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

I don't know if a filler will drive visitation but when the whole project is completed it should.

Well it won't be rides that drive visitation.... so.. i mean maybe a new garbage can will drive visitation?

Village Roadshow think rides won't drive visitation... that explains a lot.

3 minutes ago, AlexB said:

You're an asshole! </s>

Approved

6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Well it won't be rides that drive visitation.... so.. i mean maybe a new garbage can will drive visitation?

Village Roadshow think rides won't drive visitation... that explains a lot.

In summing up.  It's the vibe.

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Damn, can that pathway be any smaller? *choke point!*

When they announced the attraction, they also said there would be a viewing area of the dolphin lagoon. Does that mean that small pathway that wraps around Vortex will that viewing area? Because that’s even smaller. Unless that idea was scrapped or they are yet to build some decking to view from

I agree @AlexB for what will most likely be on of the most popular areas of the park and this pathway is likely the be the main entrance point that people use, that is one small pathway 

EDIT:

I’ve screenshot the footage at its highest quality (would have been the smart thing to do in the first place) to see a lot more detail

D6C00AFD-5AB8-4BA8-BF65-153265DF363D.thumb.jpeg.ce9678d255a9dae9c63d1a47c99bcc7c.jpeg

You can see at the entrance to the area they’ve started to install some form of fencing/arch. Could this possibly be for plants to be grown on? And it looks like there won’t be a fountain at the entrance either, just another garden bed 😏

B4D71F25-0744-47A2-A0A0-9F0A2EC5A28B.thumb.jpeg.546ed17e77ae64ccdbae0428e8c26df4.jpeg

Queue area to the right and the exit will be just to the left of it (This could be another bottle neck situation in peak times) 

Im also interested to see where they decide to put the attraction signage. Possibly on the concrete footings to the left of the photo

2A96725A-6A97-4B42-89D3-51D09FFBDBE8.thumb.png.d5e83fbf6c638291450d9630191164af.png
Hopefully the building to the right will be covered up with plants over time

DA82BD12-0C6C-48B6-80D7-97AD470B3B64.thumb.jpeg.2ccba7afe0ec36ce53ef78784db66ddf.jpeg

Edited by themagician
  • Like 4

• Gazza locked this topic