The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

12 hours ago, Rydah Hi said:

Well... It's been a year, since the Announcement of The New Atlantis Precinct!!💙

wow time does go quickly

!CONSTRUCTION UPDATE!

in this photo you can see that the vortex signage is up and they have added Atlantean language below the vortex signage this is going to be one of the best themed precincts in an Australian theme park i also added the Atlantis language

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.10.30 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.08.03 pm.png

Next month will most likely be when leviathan's construction will be going vertical as all the wood seems to have arrived and the groundwork looks near complete

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 1.18.28 pm.png

here is the video i got this from 

Edited by Taj O'Neill
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

I have a sinking feeling that the symbolic alphabet is going to be the only form of placemaking within New Atlantis. When I think of Atlantis, I definitely don't think of these what those photos of Vortex are offering. 

Holding out hope I'm incorrect...

i think maybe the leviathan queue will have the most theming and seeing as they are building a massive mountain structure as part of that precinct you may be wrong but we'll just have to wait for the final product

does anyone know if the leviathan will have a metal track or a wooden track

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

The vortex is looking very very blue. I like blue, that seems like too much blue. I liked the stone look they had in the concept art, but it seems like those pesky budget cuts are at play again 

it could be due to budget cuts or it may have been whoever was in charge of the design and they thought how about blue instead but you know concept art does change

the arch leading up to vortex is looking good and some poles have been added either side of the walkway 

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 4.45.14 pm.png

10 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

i think maybe the leviathan queue will have the most theming and seeing as they are building a massive mountain structure as part of that precinct you may be wrong but we'll just have to wait for the final product

Is this in reference to the original Photoshop composite? Pretty sure that's very inaccurate given how the layout for Leviathan isn't correct. At this point, I think it's safe to assume that the physical model is the the closest representation of what we'll be getting, which doesn't have me very excited. 

When I hear "fully immersive precinct" and "sleek, eye-catching and architecturally aesthetic theming" I come to expect just the likes of Pandora: The World of Avatar or Diagon Alley, not the queue for Green Lantern

24 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

does anyone know if the leviathan will have a metal track or a wooden track

Pretty sure it's all wood. I don't see them touting it as a hybrid

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

Pretty sure it's all wood. I don't see them touting it as a hybrid

the running wheels are going to wreak havoc on timber rails.... they'll be replacing them every six weeks in areas with high forces.... maybe they should put metal on top of the wooden rails to reduce the wear... ;)

With the people who are talking about budget cuts I would assume you are most likely incorrect. Most of these projects would of fully been paid for way before the covid19 issue happened. things that may get budget cuts within the park could be a new coat of paint on a handrail or some kind of project that has not already started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrill Seeker said:

With the people who are talking about budget cuts I would assume you are most likely incorrect. Most of these projects would of fully been paid for way before the covid19 issue happened. things that may get budget cuts within the park could be a new coat of paint on a handrail or some kind of project that has not already started.

That's very presumptuous of you...

When the money stops rolling in, you'd be surprised at what things can be cancelled even if they're already been budgeted for... Especially if the forward projections anticipated a certain amount of revenue to be received to fund those projects, that is now... not coming in.

I would suggest you are the one who is most likely incorrect... consider this:

I promised you a car. I showed you a McLaren F1, in an artists rendering. Then I showed you a Lambhorghini Murcielago in a physical 3D model. Then I changed the colour a couple of times and threw in a Ferrari F40 in some promotional imagery.

Then, I delivered you a 1987 Toyota Camry, in three different colours because the doors were replaced with spare parts from the wreckers.

Now - did I deliver a car? Yes. So technically, you can't complain, because I delivered a car. My promo material, concept art and such was always subject to change.

And the lesson - the Toyota Camry is still world class... for 1987... ;)

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, themagician said:

Another photo she posted 

4C68C469-F1A7-4FC3-B28D-779CE985E062.jpeg

I know we obviously weren't expecting the level of theming as seen in the original artworks for the area, but I can't be the only one who thinks this all looks pretty cheap and tacky so far? I understand it's only the Vortex area, but I mean, that could not be any further from the concept art. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I know we obviously weren't expecting the level of theming as seen in the original artworks for the area, but I can't be the only one who thinks this all looks pretty cheap and tacky so far? I understand it's only the Vortex area, but I mean, that could not be any further from the concept art. 

i am starting to doubt on the vortex about the possibility of spraying water on the riders like on the concept art

• Like 1

• Gazza locked this topic