The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

Oh come on, nothing screams more cinematic than blue screen and shade structures! 

Over time you’d expect as ideas get more refined and cheaper to implement that we’d be seeing stuff by now that makes us go “Bermuda What?”, but sadly with each new iteration of attractions, the operators keep trying to pull the wool over the guests eyes. 

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

Oh come on, nothing screams more cinematic than blue screen and shade structures! 

image.thumb.png.f83a5c0c0119935a9f05e43655a1acb2.png

Who needs practical anymore? we'll just fix it in post!

The New Atlantis will issue every guest a pair of VR goggles from the now defunct Arkham Asylum and all immersive theming will be delivered digitally.

And they won't run out of VR goggles because due to COVID, Atlantis will be limited to the capacity of 2 x Arkham trains.

I’m familiar with that project as I had some connections with it. This was only a student group proposal of design ideas and concepts. The floor plan is real (but has seen changes), most other elements within the report are just analysis and design ideas. It isn’t a final indication of what the area will be like upon completion

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

I’m familiar with that project as I had some connections with it. This was only a student group proposal of design ideas and concepts. The floor plan is real (but has seen changes), most other elements within the report are just analysis and design ideas. It isn’t a final indication of what the area will be like upon completion

Oh, Okay..

the key is going to be how it handles the traffic it will get in the future - how quickly it gets destroyed and whether Sea World will have the attention to detail for upkeep, maintenance and eventual respraying. Hopefully its a commercial product designed for large traffic and not designed for suburban residential poolsides...Ocean Parade has been resurfaced at least three times since Claw.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

the key is going to be how it handles the traffic it will get in the future - how quickly it gets destroyed and whether Sea World will have the attention to detail for upkeep, maintenance and eventual respraying. Hopefully its a commercial product designed for large traffic and not designed for suburban residential poolsides...Ocean Parade has been resurfaced at least three times since Claw.

Not sure why you think anything I said is improbable @Rydah Hi - All of the GC parks do have an issue with upkeep - the newest shiniest thing gets the attention, while last year's news tends to get neglected - And this is evidenced by the state of numerous coasters and slides prior to the repainting works that kicked off late last year - they all weren't suddenly looking tired overnight - they were all slowly tiring over many years.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gazza locked this topic