The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

It honestly blows my mind that this isn't a bigger issue being talked about. When Vortex opens and the park is back in its full swing, I'd fully expect to see JFC out there bitching about it. Seaworld can't even try to throw Trevor Long at the issue anymore. I guess only time will tell but with all the press they've already had in recent years about their animals, this wont be a good look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

Just on the Dolphin pool proximity to the Vortex, hopefully Bikash/ Management can confirm that thought has gone into ensuring the safety of the Dolphins with a ride right next door. All it would take is a hydraulic leak.. but even things such as the rides noise could have potential impacts on the animals. 

Justice for Captive will have a field day when this ride opens and if the dolphins move back in. 

I bet it will look exactly like this 

002C4961-D36A-4F9F-A3FD-7EA20399EB8A.jpeg

Edited by Smol bean
  • Like 1

On 08/07/2020 at 8:37 PM, themagician said:

@Gazza 100% agree. They’ve gone to the effort of all these curves and then BAM... box

I also wish they’d do something about the back of the shed so it wasn’t such an eye sore

7F81496D-F5C6-4180-9459-68929A499FC6.jpeg

rumour mill is that the back of the island shed is in for a makeover with the new ride opening, but will wait and see if it does or not, 

interesting to see what they do with it 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, aaronm said:

Sea World have done a nice job with this ride, ok it's no Talocan but definitely more than the bare minimum.

I'll say it's nicely presented. It's not really themed or immersive, nor is it really decorated, but effort has gone into making it look nice. Honestly the weakest part of it is the whole 'Atlantis' thing. When I think of what a non themed but basically well presented modern ride at SW would look like, that's it. Exactly is it could've replaced Pirate Ship and not looked out of place in that unthemed part of the park.

I still think it's the wrong ride for that place, and it's not really themed, but it's not like Sky Flyer where literally no effort went into even making it look presentable. 

• Like 1

So when my daughter (3 years old) and I entered Movie World today, there was a sign advertising Vortex. The first thing she said “hey daddy, it’s the wipeout!” She loved watching the wipeout do it’s thing. But if a 3 year old is seeing it as the wipeout, then there’s no hope for the rest of the gp. 

I agree with Joz, it’s well presented, but it’s not themed, cinematic or immersive. Heck even world class is a stretch. Tailspin has better theming than it. Sorry but it’s true, 

14 hours ago, T-bone said:

So when my daughter (3 years old) and I entered Movie World today, there was a sign advertising Vortex. The first thing she said “hey daddy, it’s the wipeout!” She loved watching the wipeout do it’s thing. But if a 3 year old is seeing it as the wipeout, then there’s no hope for the rest of the gp. 

So you're telling us your daughter had photographic memory from say, 18 months old?

Edited by Retardent

The nature of some of the work I do in the community means I’m constantly coming across videos  and photos of the Wipeout among other things. I share these with my daughter. So it isn’t a case of only seeing the wipeout since before it was pulled down, however prior to it being pulled down, she had a fascination for the ride. 

10 minutes ago, joz said:

Yeah like I remember not to shit my pants most days, I'm way smarter than a 3 year old 

We might be like that, but have you seen the types of people that visit theme parks? 

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

Depends who you ask Richard if it’s a good thing or not. That all said and done, it was just an observation from my personal experience that I thought the community would enjoy ;)

From my understanding the Huss Topspin is faster and smoother than Wipeout. Less movement but less jarring. Personal preference obviously applied but something is better than nothing.

• Gazza locked this topic