The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

I would love to observe how VRTP goes about building new attractions for their parks. See the whole new attraction process: deciding on attraction/ride, securing capital, design, construction, how major decisions are made, and the reasoning/logic behind those decisions.

I have so many questions about this attraction.....my mind boggles. The finished product looks incredibly vanilla. There is no soul or creativity shown. I wonder if the people involved in this project are truly proud of their work, and believe it is "world class"? I would be embarrassed if I was apart of this project.

There's nothing truly Atlantean in New Atlantis. I want to root for our local parks and be able to shout "world class" unironically, it's just so hard to do so when they give you such poor products. I want to speak of Sea World the same way I speak of Islands of Adventure but I can't when you're giving us Six Flags

On 17/07/2020 at 12:33 PM, Luke said:

I would love to observe how VRTP goes about building new attractions for their parks. See the whole new attraction process: deciding on attraction/ride, securing capital, design, construction, how major decisions are made, and the reasoning/logic behind those decisions.

This. I truly wonder the logic behind some decisions. Coming from a creative background, some of the decisions seem very baffling and makes me curious as to what happened behind the scenes. 

In my opinion, the idea of Atlantis isn’t great for a theme park. Because it’s not actually underwater, you can’t really have much of the small details which really seal the idea of and underwater city. A way that they could have done it is by theming the area around if the water level dropped and atlantis was above sea level. they could have had expansive theming with vines and seaweed covering the buildings and structures, and large ruined buildings. Seaworld kind of dug themselves in a hole by trying to replicate something that’s meant to be underwater, above water. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, themagician said:

@GoGoBoy I agree, but let’s be real, we aren’t getting anything like this though 

Perhaps, but few theme parks are getting the same massive level of investment as Energylandia. Apparently their government contributes to it. A fairer comparison would be to compare SW to parks with similar attendance levels, and without massive financial backing.

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 1

On 18/07/2020 at 6:29 PM, GoGoBoy said:

I wonder if final judgement of the entire precinct should be reserved until it's actually completed? What we're seeing is stage one. From all accounts, the majority of the theming was going to be applied to Leviathan and surrounds 

I'm trying to imagine in my head how the modern Atlantis theme looks on a Wooden coaster station.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ParkPundit said:

Just realised that the Leviathan will be a wooden coaster. I find that very surprising considering the modern transition to steel.

Don’t know how you just realised unless you’ve never looked at the concept art, or read the press releases, articles on the website.

There are plenty of wooden coaster around the world, including refurbed and new installs. 

woodies offer a strong point of difference from steel coasters and a unique ride experience. 

Edited by Brad2912

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Don’t know how you just realised unless you’ve never looked at the concept art, or read the press releases, articles on the website.

There are plenty of wooden coaster around the world, including refurbed and new installs. 

woodies offer a strong point of difference from steel coasters and a unique ride experience. 

Well I had read none of that because I haven't paid attention to Sea World developments. Not everyone is omniscient.

My comment was more in reference to the big parks in Australia as this is, you know, an Australian forum.

Edited by ParkPundit

8 minutes ago, ParkPundit said:

Well I had read none of that because I haven't paid attention to Sea World developments. Not everyone is omniscient.

My comment was more in reference to the big parks in Australia as this is, you know, an Australian forum.

So you don’t pay attention to developments at a park that is part of the largest theme park company in Australia, yet say your comment is in reference to big parks in Australia. 

so what you are saying is you didn’t think one of the parks in Australia would get a woody because no other big parks in Australia have woodies?

did you think the same when MW opened DCR? No other park has a hyper either.

26 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

So you don’t pay attention to developments at a park that is part of the largest theme park company in Australia, yet say your comment is in reference to big parks in Australia. 

so what you are saying is you didn’t think one of the parks in Australia would get a woody because no other big parks in Australia have woodies?

did you think the same when MW opened DCR? No other park has a hyper either.

Does every comment have to turn into an attack on the individual on this site? Because I'm not an enthusiast I cannot express my surprise at its design? Prime example of gate-keeping by you. On ya Parkz.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ParkPundit said:

Does every comment have to turn into an attack on the individual on this site? Because I'm not an enthusiast I cannot express my surprise at its design? Prime example of gate-keeping by you. On ya Parkz.

Who is attacking anyone? It’s a conversation. 
you can express whatever you want, but these are discussion forums so people will question or give commentary on what you post, good or bad.

if you consider someone questioning you an attack, then I best suggest you learn to deal with it as it happens in real life not just on forums and you’ll find yourself in the foetal position your whole adult life if you regard conversation & questioning as an attack...

1 hour ago, ParkPundit said:

The first two letters of Parkz stand for "Passive Aggressive".

You'll learn to ignore it soon enough. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I thought it was “Pre-pubescent Ass-clowns” 

Says the guy who has a clown face 🤡 for his profile pic. 😂😂

Edited by TomiJ
And for those wondering, ass clown (ás kloun) n.: someone who doesnt know what the hell they are talking about,makes stupid BS comments, pisses people off, and has no idea that everyone thinks this about them.

@Brad2912 woah slow down there buddy. I actually enjoy your post/content. The edit reasoning was not a dig at you or myself expressing my distain for you. However it is simply the top definition on Urban dictionary for assclown: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=assclown I was curious what the definition was, I thought others may be curious too. 

anyways you cannot be considered an “Pre-pubescent Ass-clown/s” as you are too old and not a child. You may be an old clown who hides his pain through laughter but that is just my assumption. I just found the connection between your post and your profile pic was too good an opportunity to make a joke. A joke that you did not find funny. A joke that was saldy misinterpreted. I had hoped the laughing emojis would express this but they did not. 

Edited by TomiJ
spot the movie reference

• Gazza locked this topic