The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

18 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

I actually think this looks pretty sweet 

BAB08862-E217-4EF8-B460-197EF9E8B4D4.jpeg

I agree I actually like the look of Vortex. What they've done is different but it certainly fits with the overall themeing of SeaWorld. Sure the artists conceptions for the new Atlantis precinct were very immersive and contained a lot of themeing that may never happen but at the end of the day so long as there is something then i'll be happy.

• Like 4

Just now, RileyK said:

Looks awfully close for a zoom.... not to mention the hand in the photo 

I'll tell you right now - that image was not taken from far away. It was taken up close. If it really was zoomed in, the background would be blurred, and the image certainly wouldn't be this sharp (unless it was taken with a very expensive camera lens).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I'll tell you right now - that image was not taken from far away. It was taken up close. If it really was zoomed in, the background would be blurred, and the image certainly wouldn't be this sharp (unless it was taken with a very expensive camera lens).

Couldn't agree with you more. The prospective certainly lends itself to a photo taken from a boat or watercraft?

Will there be fountains underneath though? In all the concept images there has been, but from all the photos taken of the ride, there doesn’t appear to be any. When I’ve taken my big lens, I’ve zoomed in on the ride and couldn’t see any either. In saying that, they could be hidden or maybe we just can’t see it 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, T-bone said:

Someone should do some close up exploring of the ride to find out whether there are fountains...

There are fountains in the water in front of the ride. I have seen them on. How they will be used is anyone’s guess, I hope it’s integrated into the ride experience and who knows you may actually get wet in summer. 

On 04/10/2020 at 10:23 AM, Ranger said:

OMG, that looks stunning. It might not be the immersive land we were promised but it looks pretty sweet. If they open TNA at night, I'm sure people will be compelled to stay on site.            

Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo DisneySea is stunning. This is fine.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AlexB said:

. Not everyone has access to the wonders that are massively funded overseas parks.

They do though... because we’re talking about commenting on a photo. Pretty much everyone down to jo public is bombarded with images of what Disney and the other too minds are producing today. And that’s just theme parks. What about things like Vivid Sydney, or Marina Bay Sands?

Whilst the photo in question I would say looks moderately cool. So do a lot of standard urban and shipping centre developments these days. 

This also looks pretty awesome (attached pics) IMO modern architecture has no place In a theme park. Theme parks are supposed to transport you away from the world you live in, modern architecture such as what we see here (and there are plenty of other examples in our parks) doesn’t do that and only cheapens the whole experience.

So whilst Vortex looks neat and tidy, it doesn’t take me anywhere other than my local Westfield. It worries me that this is the standard for the rest of the new Atlantis, but we will see what happens. 

5BD49E6A-C54C-4017-8B5D-9102B2F4425A.jpeg

3BC00BDC-998D-4493-90A2-A9FE32DA586A.jpeg

BC0D53E4-80A9-4ED4-B612-C442FF433BF5.jpeg

13 hours ago, rappa said:

They do though... because we’re talking about commenting on a photo.

Yes, because everyone ever has seen the photo of Mermaid Lagoon he referred to.

Fuck, I didn’t even know what it looked like.

image.thumb.png.2f9593e22d90f2e79bc201c150bba475.png

So, while on face value, a comparison to a photo can be made, that is only if you know that a photo exists. The original comment was that it looked stunning. That was the opinion of the original poster based on THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.

Shutting their opinion down because you’ve seen better doesn’t invalidate their views.

Now, perhaps a better way would have been to provide the photo that everyone else has apparently seen in the post - perhaps with slightly different wording - maybe something like

I think its fine - but hey, if you think it's stunning - you should see XX at XX park overseas! Here's a picture:

image.png.5c4f0533f3e9c8a2d5cc063e7321b0fc.png

And, as already mentioned, by Australian Standards, its pretty cool.

Nobody said anything about giving them a pass. My comments were directed at the disagreement of a persons opinion.

It IS cool, by Australian standards. And Rappa agreed with that (moderately).

Yes, the 'world class' moniker is ridiculous and laughable. And i'd love for our parks to put more effort into theming and immersion, but at the risk of this going off wildly into a debate over the minutiae of parks world wide, it is more expensive to do many of these things in Aus, AND there is less competition to do so. The local market has shown they don't care too much. While enthusiasts protested at the loss of truly amazing world class attractions like PASS, Bermuda and LTRR, the public in general have voted with their wallets and $99 passes, and at every price increase they see massive vitriol, compared to the $87 day ticket currently available for Phantasialand.

At any rate - I don't disagree with you about the Aus level of park design being sub-par to the world - It's just that in my view, I can see how the average local doesn't know any better, and probably doesn't care.

• Like 4

Since when was having a opinion a war crime.

26 minutes ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

I appreciate the response and insight into your comments Alex. You definitely make some great points especially in regards to the public having rather limited expectations. 

Hey CaptainLazerGuns, I’m a big fan of your’s and would really like to know your opinion on TNA.

• Gazza locked this topic