The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

7 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

There’s a reason why soo many Top Spins exist compared to the Waikiki Waves!

Most likely the machine is reasonably priced, easy to operate, maintain, and is less prone to breakdowns (low downtime). All owner/operator benefits. But IMO, a modern version of a Vekoma Waikiki Wave / Zamperla Suspended Windshear will always win in terms of rider satisfaction, non-rider guest wow factor, and ride sensations.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Most likely the machine is reasonably priced, easy to operate, maintain, and is less prone to breakdowns (low downtime). All owner/operator benefits. But IMO, a modern version of a Vekoma Waikiki Wave / Zamperla Suspended Windshear will always win in terms of rider satisfaction, non-rider guest wow factor, and ride sensations.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen HUSS and Moderately Priced in the same sentence before.

Not sure that you’ll ever see a modern version of a Waikiki wave to gain some rider satisfaction and guest wow factor...

Edited by HussRainbow87

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

I know its just testing but normally in that part of the cycle you can get about 4 flips in a row.

I got to see what looked like a normal cycle but was to far away to film it. Plenty of spins. 
But then it seemed like they were doing a lot of Estop tests, I’ll be back in a few days hopefully it’s filled with test dummies and doing full cycles and I can film 1

• Gazza locked this topic