The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

On 08/12/2020 at 11:57 PM, HussRainbow87 said:

Fingers crossed for Vortex opening ASAP! 
I wanna try get on it before driving home to Melb after 6 months....

Heard whispers it’s a week away. Staff training has been done and evacuation scenarios carried out, expect to see live test dummies on it sooner rather then later 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

There's a reason there isn't such a demand for top spins anymore. 
At least it should provide some entertainment before it needs to be reset by maintenance. 

I mean they still sell them, and they’ve been installed in an few parks in recent years. I’d say they’re still pretty popular, but when you’re dealing with a machine that was originally designed in the early 90s, of course there isn’t going to be a demand like before. 

I think many are stuck with “vekoma is better, because of the movements” but not because I’m team HUSS, the top spins just provide a better ride motion and feeling.

Although I’m sure once it’s open people are going to criticise it regardless. 

11 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

there are fountains present i have seen them on, Haven't seen them high about 1/2m in height the most I've seen, but every time i go to get a pic they have gone back down 

Shame there doesn’t seem to be any rider interaction with them. The best part of the cycle is when they hold you over the jets and you can splash each other before they go full strength and get you drenched. The French gave the best cycle I’ve ever had on a top spin. 
For example, YouTube Fleur Top Spin Fresh!

I think I had a 10 minute cycle and it was incredible!

Do people really want to get wet on a ride like this? 

The fountains are cool as a near miss, but I've always thought it was weird you have to potentially put up with being soaked on a thrill ride.

Storm Coaster and Battle Boats definitely fill that niche IMO.

Plus I think Village might be shy about squirting water on a ride given the issues Surfrider had.

11 hours ago, Gazza said:

Do people really want to get wet on a ride like this? 

The fountains are cool as a near miss, but I've always thought it was weird you have to potentially put up with being soaked on a thrill ride.

Storm Coaster and Battle Boats definitely fill that niche IMO.

Plus I think Village might be shy about squirting water on a ride given the issues Surfrider had.

I mean it was cool on a hot day in Paris, but you don’t get drenched, just a quick splash on the head haha. It was more fun trying to splash each other when they hold you over the jets

12 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

I mean it was cool on a hot day in Paris, but you don’t get drenched, just a quick splash on the head haha. It was more fun trying to splash each other when they hold you over the jets

Sorry was just going by you saying you got Drenched when the fountains go full strength.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:07 PM, Rachelkinks said:

Still no fountains present 😢

https://youtu.be/Wbqx3A4Nrks?t=99 vortex's fountains were slightly bubbling

also why is the parkz site super white and bright, I mean i like it i just i find it to be too white maybe if there was a bit of grey added or something it wouldn't look as half bad

• Like 1

• Gazza locked this topic