The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

I’d also give them a little more credit than classifying Leviathan as being “half-complete” 

the structure itself and the maintenance building are done, however the Queue, theming, landscaping have not even been started, the rides station i think it’s being worked on now, so yes the ride is half complete at best.

I’d say it’s 80% complete. They’ve poured the slabs for the queue, the station building externally is built, so we don’t know how much they’ve done internally. The track is complete, that’s most of the hard work and is certainly not just half of the job, it’s way more than half. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rivals said:

the structure itself and the maintenance building are done, however the Queue, theming, landscaping have not even been started, the rides station i think it’s being worked on now, so yes the ride is half complete at best.

The ride itself, and the ride maintenance building are all complete, but the ride is half complete. 

My house is built, but the grass and plants and footpath hasn't been put in yet, so the house is half complete.

Clearly they had an either expected, or planned delay to their opening day, but even if you go by build time and expected opening date we're a lot further beyond 'halfway' no matter which way you slice it. (Except for queue lines and gardens, which are apparently 50% of the ride build).

on @OurWorldsco new instagram post, there is plenty of progress going on with Leviathan and Trident,

- in the background, it appears the foundation for Trident has been completed with vertical construction hopefully taking place soon 

- With Leviathan, the station building itself has gone up (hopefully it gets themed as it just looks like a big white tin shed) and the shading in the queue has gone up (my apologises, it is around 80% completed)

let’s hope the work speed picking up actually means these rides will be opening this Easter

https://www.instagram.com/ourworldsco/p/CYq0wz7viJE

3A97BDC9-69B4-4ABF-9191-D50BF5BF2BF0.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm really amazed by the footprint of this coaster and where its been placed. They still have quite a bit of land where the corkscrew use to be and around the monorail track. Be interesting to see what they do with it down the track. Great photos Slick. 

Can't wait to also see the theming and hoping they plant lots of palm trees back around the cove of water etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Does anyone have a rough idea on when it will open as I'm thinking of booking a trip up to Coolie?

All we can go off at this stage is the official date from SW which is Easter. We’re 8 weeks away from the Easter School Holidays. You’d be thinking if we don’t see testing begin by the first week of March that the Easter date may be pushed 

5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

When do you think I should book? I really don’t want to be up there and it not be open?

If you don’t want to take that risk the I wouldn’t be booking anything until we see solid testing happening and a ramp up in marketing from the park which would then point to a firm launch window 

20 minutes ago, Ranger said:

When do you think I should book? I really don’t want to be up there and it not be open?

To be sarcastically safe, Summer 2023

And to be non-sarcastically safe, you should definitely be alright for September. But if you really want to come up at Easter, I’d wait until we see testing begin 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ranger said:

Does anyone have a rough idea on when it will open as I'm thinking of booking a trip up to Coolie?

They're still saying Easter - but at this stage weather will be a factor. Going by the photos above, there's still plenty of landscaping to be done. If Trident is delayed, is the only way in/out past it and Vortex?

I don’t think we will see leviathan open unless trident is open too. There will be major access closures and leviathan wouldn’t be able to operate while they are constructing trident. I think the weather will be the major factor when installing trident. Landscaping, paths and theming can be done at almost any point. I think the delay with leviathan testing is the construction of the station and queue 

• Gazza locked this topic