The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

Vortex is closed tomorrow (and at this stage is only for that one day). I did notice a large crane on site this morning. Could this be the begging of trident being lifted into place. Potentially they are lifting the base of the tower into place today? And considering vortex is closed tomorrow does that mean it will either all be installed or partially installed. 

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Dom said:

At what stage do we whip one of these bad boys up?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Has anyone kept all of the various changes? it's hard to piece together the changes in retrospect because the wayback machine hasn't done enough crawls at different times.

JUST COME OUT AND EXPLAIN WHAT THE BLOODY PROBLEM IS!

You're absolutely right, but - first - one can hope, and second - asking them to do what seems like the most reasonable thing in the circumstances is less likely to trigger folks than if I were to start directing criticisms at management for 'always not giving a shit' which only brings out the faction wars between the two groups.

16 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Has anyone kept all of the various changes?

The Wikipedia article has done a fairly good job of keeping up with changes. 

Honestly at this stage its just embarrassing. I know that there are things that cause delays outside of their control. Not saying anything and pushing these silent changes just makes them look incompetent. 

Nobody is entitled to information or a release date, but the thing that I find baffling is that there is a perfect opportunity to communicate with the community here and foster a relationship. It that would take like one or two posts from somebody within the business to just say "this is happening, this is why" and we'd be golden. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dom said:

It that would take like one or two posts from somebody within the business to just say "this is happening, this is why" and we'd be golden.

I look forward to this side of the highway "making good use of these forums to leverage their fan’s insights to improve their parks."

24 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I look forward to this side of the highway

Is the side of the highway you are speaking of, the side where the CEO of the park operated rides because of staff shortages or the side of the highway where this didn't happen?

Edited by New display name

2 hours ago, aaronm said:

Seems to be the case that rides are generally taking longer to complete at the moment. While Leviathan is probably an outlier for its delay, there are several "new for 2022" coasters in the USA that are also seemingly running behind (e.g. Aquaman Power Wave, Wonder Woman Flight of Courage, Dr Diabolical).

Aquaman was pushed back to allow them to add a turn table to the ride, increasing the capacity, WWFOG seems to be running on track with its expected late July opening, doctor diabolical is also being done pretty fast. all these rides (excluding aquaman if that counts) are 2022 additions and started construction end of last year / this year and have had no actual promised opening dates. I mean even ST started actual construction last year and was opened by the end of the year. 

this whole area has been under construction since 2019 (correct me if i'm wrong), with several dates stated for vortex prior to it’s actual opening, Trident + Leviathan have had multiple advertisements stating multiple specific opening dates, promising people who buy their passes that this will be open to them, then the rides get randomly pushed back. it’s not a good look at all

• Like 2

I'm not making excuses for Village, clearly the whole area has taken much longer than expected. And it's anyone's guess why Trident has taken so long to get going, this should have been the easiest of all the attractions to complete. But delays are common at the moment - for those seasonal US parks anything opening after Memorial Day usually indicates a missed schedule, and Atlantis still hasn't been under construction for as long as the Tron clone in Florida!

It's not an ideal situation to be in - on one hand, folks might be more understandable if there was a degree of transparency whenever they push the date back. On the other hand, you might frustrate more people by bringing the topic up at this point. It's a bit of a PR catch 22.

The enthusiast part of me says to bench on a summer opening.

53 minutes ago, jhunt2 said:

Very big difference in scale between these two projects. Unless you're being incredibly optimistic about how much effort VRTP are going to put into the "themed precinct" aspect of Atlantis.

Yeah I don't really care if Disney take years on major attractions, that's par for the course.

• Like 2

• Gazza locked this topic