The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

On 14/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, Tricoart said:

even staff at Sea World told me not to get any hopes up for an opening this year, despite the current 'set' date and the work that's being done.

This doesn’t surprise me at all, with September only 6 weeks away and there still no testing underway, I’m expecting it to be opening this Summer and at this point, I’d rather they just finish the whole thing off and do an offical opening at once rather than separate openings for Leviathan and Trident 

Because why else would they check the structure and clearance before running the train around for the first time right?

The whole structure sits on one giant slab, parts of it are not sinking for christ sake. 

Didn’t people stop listening to the dippin dots guy and random staff that say “dont expect it to open anytime soon” a long time ago? 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2

I too have heard this rumour, though the enthusiast scene is pretty small so it could all filter through the same grape vine and this doesn't confirm the source at all.

I'd hesitate at labelling that factual, but it does provide a very simple explanation as to why the ride has been plagued with delays that are for the most part unexplained by the park. This is one of the few things you'd want to explain publicly as it would undermine the public's confidence in the attraction entirely. 

I'm quite sure in this age of safety and accountability, and especially in this jurisdiction, i'm confident if there is any foundational issues, they'll be rectified and certified before it opens. 

I'm pretty sure that Rivals had foundational issues discovered not long after opening, no?

7 minutes ago, rappa said:

The whole structure sits on one giant slab, parts of it are not sinking for christ sake. 

There is just as much first-party evidence for this as there is for the sinking slab rumour because there is none. The park is publicly tight lipped regarding most details on this project so your word is as good as mine. 

Also assuming that my sources are some random staff members is cute.

5 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

They saw all the people complaining about the lack of Atlantis theming and thought the cheapest way to give it authentic theming was to just sink the whole precinct.

Maybe they can market SW as the only park in the world with two water coasters?

• Gazza locked this topic