The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSBrisbane/videos/1507375373054233/

In this news report about WoO they mention Leviathan, stating it will be open later this year. I don’t think we’ll see it open until Christmas. Interesting they hadn’t mentioned Trident either. Maybe because it’s delayed even further or just simply, its not the major focus attraction and they left it out. 

53 minutes ago, themagician said:

In this news report about WoO they mention Leviathan, stating it will be open later this year. I don’t think we’ll see it open until Christmas. Interesting they hadn’t mentioned Trident either. Maybe because it’s delayed even further or just simply, its not the major focus attraction and they left it out. 

i’ve been told (not from a random staff member, a credible source) when asked about a September opening that “there are some delays but very close unfortunately COVID is causing issues.” however, they supposedly expect it to be open by the end of the year because as it’s “not far away from completion.” hopefully they keep their word and by atleast December we’re riding it

1 minute ago, Rivals said:

i’ve been told (not from a random staff member, a credible source) when asked about a September opening that “there are some delays but very close unfortunately COVID is causing issues.” however, they supposedly expect it to be open by the end of the year because as it’s “not far away from completion.” hopefully they keep their word and by atleast December we’re riding it

COVID must really have it out for New Atlantis, causing 6+ individual delays for it. Jokes aside, I wonder when they'll make that news public, cause if they don't do so soon then they'll just be getting even more dissatisfied passholders.

1 hour ago, rappa said:

So they say it will be open and you decide it won’t ‘just cause’?

No I’m not saying it won’t open, I’m saying, did they not mention it because trident is going to open next year or at this stage they don’t know. Im not reading into too much because the media are good at missing information or stating things incorrectly. It was just an observation. 

2 hours ago, Tricoart said:

COVID must really have it out for New Atlantis, causing 6+ individual delays for it. Jokes aside, I wonder when they'll make that news public, cause if they don't do so soon then they'll just be getting even more dissatisfied passholders.

i feel like there thinking behind it is “if we make it last minute, it looks like we are nearly finished but just needed to do finishing touches.” won’t be surprised if we hear an announcement of new December dates in the middle of August, around the time they start teasing fright nights.

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

i feel like there thinking behind it is “if we make it last minute, it looks like we are nearly finished but just needed to do finishing touches.” won’t be surprised if we hear an announcement of new December dates in the middle of August, around the time they start teasing fright nights.

Could they not say the same thing, or even possibly show the same thing by actually attaching images of their 'finishing touches' (e.g. the station, or that blue shade structure in the queue), without doing so under a month from the date they've made everyone believe, and perhaps even have people planning their holidays around?

Edited by Tricoart

On 23/07/2022 at 12:17 PM, rappa said:

So they say it will be open and you decide it won’t ‘just cause’?

He didn't decide anything.

They said "later this year" after specifically sprouting "September 3" for months. This slight change to the language implies September 3 isn't the current target - so one presumes it would be later. You can't get much later in the year (and opening for holidays is always the goal) so it seems quite sensible and reasonable for a normal person to conclude a Christmas opening.

...Further, not mentioning Trident in any media statements or commentary, when it was forecast to open at the same time or soon after, and the lack of progress on the site also, it's entirely reasonable to assume that the omission was intentional. He did however go on to allow for the possibility that it just wasn't the headliner and was omitted for that reason too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Proshall Mutta said:

20220729_145645.thumb.jpg.1125346d81f9570450b7e8dd92c8166c.jpg

Well something is definitely happening today :)

I’m shocked i was right about Vortex’s random maintenance date.

Trident finally going vertical is an indication Leviathan is actually complete now excluding testing. I expect testing to start in a week or two if it hasn’t already started after park hours.

Edited by Rivals

• Gazza locked this topic