The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

20 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

he fact that you've seen final theme gives you that confidence but I can't fault anyone who isn't privy to those concepts to be doubtful of anything else presented in the render or the model. This was the Leviathan artwork:

3921b4ea796e70e4117d1a0eaa4d78f2.jpg

This concept always confused me considering how different the actual scope of the project was, but I'm starting to believe that this was some kind of 'blue sky' concept that somebody whipped up internally and somehow it just ended up being released publicly. 

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

So while i'm happy to accept your word as truth given what you've been given access to - i'll continue to remain skeptical of the end result until I see it with my own eyes... and I do look forward to being wrong...

I'm not asking you to take my word on anything. I'm relaying what I've seen because there's some questions about the walls at the ride entrance. I have no idea how it'll turn out until it's finished, I just know that the plans haven't been significantly changed in several years. 

The early artist renderings were known to be largely fiction from the very start. Just as artist renderings often are. Give me lush gardens and rockwork over clinical pseudo-sci-fi any day.

You're right they didn't elevate Vortex as per most the model and concept art; it's probably a safe bet that the soil issues that were the reason for its pre-COVID delays were also the reason this wasn't feasible. This change aside I'd argue that this depiction is by and large what's there today. It was about as underwhelming then as it is now: and I don't think anyone could honestly say that things like the giant fountains right next to the incredibly narrow main path were a good idea that had any chance of being implemented.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I don't think anyone could honestly say that things like the giant fountains right next to the incredibly narrow main path were a good idea that had any chance of being implemented.

Fountains would be great, next to a skinny path in summer, as long as they turned them off in winter.  

7 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Leviathan’s supposedly hitting speeds of 100km/h, which if true that’s crazy compared to the 80-85km/h that’s been promoted along with the ride.

4BF79322-C6E3-4E8C-8C68-A6060371349E.png

Yeah nah that's definitely wrong, unless they've randomly decided the lift hill is now a launch and they're actively trying to tear the ride apart, 9News is just advertising the wrong speed. 105ft lift ≠ 100km/h.

Edited by Tricoart

13 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I wasn’t complaining, didn’t realise night testing was a common practice. 

Yeah, apart from trades needing access during daylight for ongoing works, testing at night means fewer people notice it happening, so they can iron out any early issues without giving too much away (and keeping it secret until the video is ready to release).

In the big parks in the US, enthusiasts will camp out outside the park regularly at times when they think it might begin testing so they can be the first to film its first test run.

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

The eyes light up! A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Looking good!

I thought this was known? 

• Like 1

• Gazza locked this topic