The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

23 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

one prominent member of management claimed on his socials that Leviathan is the biggest, fastest and best wooden rollercoaster in the world 

Honestly who cares?

7 hours ago, New display name said:

So you're the one subscriber keeping the CGB going.  🤣

No but I’m the one paying so I’ll be the one reading. If others want to they are welcome to pay also

On 07/08/2022 at 6:07 PM, rappa said:

I actually bothered to read the article and it fails to mention a date or comment from the park stating a delay. 
They probably been doing Parkz forum research again for their amazing journalism. 

From what I gather the park is rushing towards the Sep 3 date and aiming to open as close as possible to that date. Both theming and ride elements alike are in the full swing of commissioning right now. 

Well, it took them less than 2 months to catch up...  

On 13/06/2022 at 11:38 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

No, you stop putting dates on it, period, until it is FIRM.

On 13/06/2022 at 2:06 PM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

...you stop putting dates on it because the constant moving of the goalposts is damaging your reputation with the paying public and you're pissing more people off with every missed deadline so at some fucking point you just say 'coming soon' instead of constantly updating the signage. 

On 07/08/2022 at 6:50 PM, New display name said:

SW testing at night shows they are going all in to get it open.

Many 'first runs' are done at night. This doesn't show that they're 'going all in' - its pretty normal, This allows day work to continue on the site within the envelope, and also prevents any embarrassing headlines hitting the 6 o'clock news if it stalls or collides with something. (In the US, enthusiasts camp out outside the park when they think it will start testing to capture the first run, and it's usually at night. 

The video they released isn't raw, has been edited, and comments on socials from park staff indicate it was recorded about a week prior - meaning they kept it under wraps until they were ready to release it - all the usual grapevines that would've mentioned testing in the past week were unusually quiet, so my conclusion is that was deliberate. 

On 07/08/2022 at 10:24 PM, Brad2912 said:

Think we know by now that MW just say whatever they like regardless of factual inaccuracies.

I know what you meant, but I find it amusing that 'MW' has become the default descriptor for the Village Roadshow Theme Park named Sea World.😆

11 hours ago, rappa said:

Honestly who cares?

This isn't 'Joe Blogs' the first-day intern making a whoopsie. It's somebody who has financial incentives attached to the success of the products that they're spruiking. Any executive, regardless of what industry they're in, lying about their saleable products is sketchy at the least. 

Yeah look - i've often rubbished complaints about this sort of thing because we all know what puffery is and calling something "worlds best" or "world class" is just that. 

But a tangible claim such as 'biggest' or 'tallest' or 'longest' or 'fastest' is a recognised accomplishment by Guinness and it is entirely and utterly misleading to make that sort of claim. 

Call it the worlds greatest coaster. call it the biggest wooden coaster built in the last 5 years in the southern hemisphere. call it the longest continuously constructed wooden coaster in Australia. Say its the best. Be proud of what you have but don't paint a horse and call it a cow.

I've been on Rivals backwards.👍 (Great)

I've been on the ST spinning car.👍(Great)

But I can't see myself going backwards on this woodie.   What makes a woodie great is the head choppers & near misses.  It creates an illusion of speed.   You go backwards on this and you are in essence, paying for a shittier experience.

4 minutes ago, New display name said:

What makes a woodie great is the head choppers & near misses.  It creates an illusion of speed.   You go backwards on this and you are in essence, paying for a shittier experience.

Though I do see your point (especially with Leviathan, as one of it's marketing points is it's headchoppers), the whole point of gimmick seats is so that they provide additional prolonged revenue from said gimmick seat's sales. People get the normal experience w/ all the headchoppers, views, and theming elements on every other seat, and if they have money to spare then they try out the unique experience after-the-fact.

25 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Though I do see your point (especially with Leviathan, as one of it's marketing points is it's headchoppers), the whole point of gimmick seats is so that they 

I understand why SW is doing it because people will pay for it but for me, going backwards doesn't always make things better. 

I wonder if MW has ever thought about buying a new car for Scooby and sending it backwards.🤔

44 minutes ago, Naazon said:

I feel like the huge thing spinning people on chairs higher than anything in the park is a pretty good attention grabber. The golden fork on top would look nicer but not sure it would grab anymore attention.

It looks like a missed advertising space that MW has done so well in the past.

• Gazza locked this topic