The New Atlantis - Construction Updates

16 minutes ago, joz said:

Oh that's good! Because apparently people were going to go, see a massive roller coaster going very fast and very high, and accidentally end up taking small kids on who weren't ready because the website said it was a family ride. 'The website says it's a family ride, so you WILL ride it!' while they whip their kids towards the entrance.

SW is still calling it a family ride with a Max thrill level.

image.png.3bd0a86d33dcaf53ba7bbaa2b973be37.png

Yeah my point is people read too much into it. My post was in response to people who were acting like kids would accidentally ride a big thrill based off of a couple words on the website that no one really reads anyway.

Still the height requirement is low enough that you will get quite young kids riding it. It will be the first 'big' coaster for many, Max thrill level family coaster is more than appropriate, but it literally doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Space mountain is a bit more gentle

While that's true, I feel like it kind of misses the whole picture.

20 minutes ago, joz said:

Yeah my point is people read too much into it. My post was in response to people who were acting like kids would accidentally ride a big thrill based off of a couple words on the website that no one really reads anyway.

I agree.

Not all kids are the same, so as a parent you make that decision on your individual child.  

What is a little strange is at

MW they call Scooby      "indoor wild mouse coaster - Moderate thrill level"

SW they call Leviathan    "Family Ride - Max thrill level"

If you go by the way MW do it Leviathan should be called       "Wooden Coaster - Max thrill level"🤷‍♀️

15 hours ago, joz said:

Oh that's good! Because apparently people were going to go, see a massive roller coaster going very fast and very high, and accidentally end up taking small kids on who weren't ready because the website said it was a family ride. 'The website says it's a family ride, so you WILL ride it!' while they whip their kids towards the entrance.

I mean that's totally not what my dad did with me as a child, even he regrets it now what with all the money I spend on going overseas 🤣

• Gazza locked this topic