Jump to content

The New Atlantis - Construction Updates


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Wouldn’t say November is very wet on the GC. 

Average rainfall/rain days data show it to be the 7th wettest month of the year. 

Despite that though, most rainfall and rain days in November are afternoon & evening storms so will have little effect on construction timelines. 

The issue will be if there is a construction company physically on hand to build the thing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Wouldn’t say November is very wet on the GC. 

Average rainfall/rain days data show it to be the 7th wettest month of the year. 

Despite that though, most rainfall and rain days in November are afternoon & evening storms so will have little effect on construction timelines. 

The issue will be if there is a construction company physically on hand to build the thing 

Disagree.

Storms tend to bring intense rainfall. It makes site prep, and concreting incredibly difficult. Once the foundations and concreting is done, sure, afternoon storms shouldn't delay much, but we're not there yet...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Let hope this doesn’t affect our wooden coaster Leviathan from opening December 2020 cause you would expect construction do start January at the latest with a complex build to take 6-9 months to complete build depending if everything match’s up correctly and go to plan

Can someone translate this into English? Google Translate wasn't helpful.

  • Haha 2
  • Fountain of Improbability 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Whombex here you go

“Lets hope this doesn’t effect the wooden coaster, Leviathan from opening in December 2020. I would expect construction to start in January at the latest, with it being such a complex build. It’s probably going to take 6-9 months for the build to be completed, depending on everything lining up correctly and it goes all to plan”

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking waaay back to when Wipeout was built, DW started levelling the area as late as September and still had no trouble opening it well in time for the busy Xmas season.

I know that was a long time ago, but remember (like Wipeout) this is an otherwise transportable pre-fabricated mid-way ride. The biggest part of it's construction is getting the site ready (level, footings placed,  electrical wiring, landscaping etc). Once all is properly prepared you can expect the ride system itself will get slapped up practically overnight.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, MickeyD said:

Thinking waaay back to when Wipeout was built, DW started levelling the area as late as September and still had no trouble opening it well in time for the busy Xmas season.

I know that was a long time ago, but remember (like Wipeout) this is an otherwise transportable pre-fabricated mid-way ride. The biggest part of it's construction is getting the site ready (level, footings placed,  electrical wiring, landscaping etc). Once all is properly prepared you can expect the ride system itself will get slapped up practically overnight.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but one thing to keep in mind is that Sea World's ground preparation will likely take a lot longer than Dreamworld, due to the nature of the shallow water table, and sandy soils.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but one thing to keep in mind is that Sea World's ground preparation will likely take a lot longer than Dreamworld, due to the nature of the shallow water table, and sandy soils.

Absolutely @AlexB the area for the ride footprint appears to have been widened significantly.

Having not visited SW for a while, can someone confirm if the land has been reclaimed north into the Dolphin Lagoon or South into the Ski Lake?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.