Raging Waters Sydney: Wet'n'Wild Sydney gets a new name, new slide

Parkz News

As the only major water park in the sydney metro area, i don't think they'll need to market it too heavily. As for the name - I would suggest VRTP owns the rights to WnW in Aus, and probably wouldn't want them leveraging the name - it also prevents confusion for people who hold passes to "wet n wild".

WNWS has had its share of bad media - from the New Years Party disaster just after opening, to paid parking, outside food issues, and poor queue management, among others - a new name indicates a change, and may encourage locals to give it another go.

The challenge for them is to make significant changes to their operations fast so that those giving them another chance can see that 'under new management' actually means something positive.

• Like 2

I think that this is a positive step in the right direction. As AlexB has pointed out, this lets Parques Reunidos clear the slate on the previous era of Wet and Wild Sydney and start anew. They can now forge their own identity and their own path with the park. It is interesting , though, to  note that Parques Reunidos is still up for sale. What effect this will have on the property at Sydney or their other international parks is up in the air. However, its also positive to see that they are announcing a new slide for the upcoming season, which is something that the park has needed for a couple of years now. Time will tell what their strategy is in bring people back to the park,  but lets hope that they resolve the issues that Village experienced with their operations.

52 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I give it 5 years until it will be an industrial area or a Costco. 

Maybe a little overly pessimistic mate? I would like to see how the park performs under the new owners before predicting the end of the world, although I get how you could think that this could happen.

• Like 1

We who live in the Gold Coast are incredibly lucky. We have numerous theme parks, including 2 major waterparks, and they're open all year round.

It's not until you live somewhere that doesn't have these advantages (pretty much anywhere else in the world) that you fully appreciate how good we have it here!

The very last thing I would want is for any other company to take over Wet & Wild gold coast. Thankfully, that's probably very unlikely to happen!

Edited by pushbutton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

and they're open all year round.*

In this case "all year" means that the gates are open, and there are staff there, but not everything you'd expect to see open will be open, some will be closed just to cheap out on wages, and other minor to major inconveniences.

In this case, "open" is a very loose term.