Formerly Wild... now it's raging! Sydney's largest waterpark is now Raging Waters Sydney

Parkz News

I am more likely to visit Raging Waters this summer than I am Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast. As mentioned above WnW GC needs something new. I last visited in October 2015 (after visiting the Sydney park a few days prior) and wished I went to White Water World instead (main reason for visiting was Aqualoop but they were closed at the GC park. A friend I went with wanted to go on them but we failed to check the maintenance page before leaving). If they do redevelop the Xtreme H2O Zone they need to put a damn conveyor in for the Tornado. People may say the GC park has a lot of slides but it is missing a lot of them that the Sydney park has as well as a few since that park opened.

3 hours ago, pin142 said:

they need to put a damn conveyor in for the Tornado

Honestly, I don't think it would be possible without an extensive rebuild...

image.png.32295c9021d24623e02837e9fbf25ea4.png

• Both the funnel itself and the flume drop is in the way of a direct line to the station
  • There's no 'return' section of the pool to allow the rafts to head in that direction naturally
  • the current walkway and queueline would likely be in the way, or be obstructed by it.

All in all its a poor design, and a quick look at the green room shows the change in thought to fit a conveyor in. I personally prefer the 'drop' on Tornado over Green Room, and I know there's other tornado variants that still allow for such a drop while having a conveyor - but there's no feasible way to add a conveyor to this particular model - you'd almost be better off knocking it down and completely rebuilding a new one specifically designed for it.