Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We finnaly have a date for the opening of the SX360. The ride will be launching June 18th 2021. The Ballroom Blitz is also expected to reopen at around the same time. According to the park, the B

Drove past on way home, sx360 was running, couldn’t tell if people were riding it or it was in being tested but it’s great to finally see it running at last.    Hopefully they will announce som

The pathway upto the ride is now all open, the ride itself is ofcosrse hoarded up. In terms of the new rides, when I was there for the Christmas event, they had signage indicating a new coaster w

Posted Images

8 hours ago, strop said:

I came across a question and response on Facebook in regards to the SX360 opening. Had to laugh that they went with “that line” but glad they went on to expand on it:

 

3AF48381-4F8B-4276-A0F4-4C5A957DB41F.png

That is very funny for soooo many reasons. 

It also appears that this post has been removed from the page as well. Interesting!!

Thanks for posting!!

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StingRay said:

Given some of the recent changes within the industry, I don't see this as a major issue. I mean look at SV. It's been delayed due to pretty much the same issues. 

So we can stop putting the blame on Dreamworld for not opening it on time? Also, did DC Rivals have to go through this new process when it opened or is this in relation to the new amusement laws that have come into place only this year?

Work Health and Safety (Amusement Devices – Public Safety) Amendment Regulation 2019 - https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/laws-and-compliance/workplace-health-and-safety-laws/laws-and-legislation/work-health-and-safety-amusement-devices-public-safety-amendment-regulation-2019

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

So we can stop putting the blame on Dreamworld for not opening it on time? Also, did DC Rivals have to go through this new process when it opened or is this in relation to the new amusement laws that have come into place only this year?

Work Health and Safety (Amusement Devices – Public Safety) Amendment Regulation 2019 - https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/laws-and-compliance/workplace-health-and-safety-laws/laws-and-legislation/work-health-and-safety-amusement-devices-public-safety-amendment-regulation-2019

People will obviously want to blame DW but the changes have the regulations have changed during that rides construction. Same here for Aussie World. These changes have occurred at a time that is unfortunate for the parks. Due to the transition in the regulations.

Rivals did not have to go through this new process. It was lucky. But SeaWorld's new ride line up will go through it. In fact, any new rides in the future in QLD will go through these processes, unfortunately.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

We're also hearing of it a lot more in QLD because that's the main epicentre for theme parks and rides in the country.

100%. Plus given the circumstances as to why all those changes occurred. I mean some people have a fear of rides in QLD.

Back on track. This will be a nice little addition to aussie world. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add a little further to the discussion, Aussie World still are not releasing the opening date for the SX360.  The impending arrival of the new spinning Wild Mouse coaster is at hand but this will not open until next year- when next year is open to conjecture. Are they anticipating delays before this is even built perhaps?

image.png.70906e705087a9aacd1db8775cf7218f.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HussRainbow87 said:

It's a good thing, but when they go too hard on people who are being 150% compliant, its a bit ridiculous.

Rules are rules. Heck, I've raced cars semi-professionally. But still, I had to sit the same driving test as everyone else. It's good for the theme park/amusement park industry that these new standards exist. It helps build industry confidence again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StingRay said:

Rules are rules. Heck, I've raced cars semi-professionally. But still, I had to sit the same driving test as everyone else. It's good for the theme park/amusement park industry that these new standards exist. It helps build industry confidence again.

Never said anybody is disregarding these rules because they are safe. You just have to look at it in a way where many of these people who work doing safety audits are not around amusement rides every day, that goes for parks and travelling machines. Just how it is I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Never said anybody is disregarding these rules because they are safe. You just have to look at it in a way where many of these people who work doing safety audits are not around amusement rides every day, that goes for parks and travelling machines. Just how it is I guess.

I get how people look at this and can be like "they don't work with the rides they don't know what they do". Essentially a ride is classified as heavy plant machinery. So with some engineering drawings, an engineer (like these specialist are) can easily assume and ascertain if the plant equipment is indeed doing what it is designed for.

The issue is not enough "inspectors" exist currently. But over time this will be built up meaning a new ride coming on the scene in a few years time shouldn't have as many delays assay today.

I agree that it hasn't been executed properly but like I already mentioned give it time and things will get better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StingRay said:

It's good for the theme park/amusement park industry that these new standards exist. It helps build industry confidence again.

Yeah, but considering the new laws were brought in during/after the planning/construction phases of this ride (and SV), you would like to think the State Government would be working with the parks to help them strike between the shifted goalposts, especially Aussie World, you are an innocent party in the whole thing. I have less sympathy for Dreamworld, who have created this whole shitfight.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StingRay said:

I get how people look at this and can be like "they don't work with the rides they don't know what they do". Essentially a ride is classified as heavy plant machinery. So with some engineering drawings, an engineer (like these specialist are) can easily assume and ascertain if the plant equipment is indeed doing what it is designed for.

The issue is not enough "inspectors" exist currently. But over time this will be built up meaning a new ride coming on the scene in a few years time shouldn't have as many delays assay today.

I agree that it hasn't been executed properly but like I already mentioned give it time and things will get better.

Yeah I totally agree, I think these people need to work more with operators and owners instead of going against them and being harsh because of a stigma. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strop said:

Yeah, but considering the new laws were brought in during/after the planning/construction phases of this ride (and SV), you would like to think the State Government would be working with the parks to help them strike between the shifted goalposts, especially Aussie World, you are an innocent party in the whole thing. I have less sympathy for Dreamworld, who have created this whole shitfight.

Why shift the goal post for one company?. I'm sorry that's just crap. You have a road rule change and it's not like the state government does a rollout based on when people got their license. I am happy no company has received special treatment. Imagine what other companies would think or even the public then.

Youll find the regulators are working with the parks. Things take time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 05/07/2019 at 8:46 PM, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

So we can stop putting the blame on Dreamworld for not opening it on time?

 

On 05/07/2019 at 8:52 PM, StingRay said:

People will obviously want to blame DW 

 

On 05/07/2019 at 8:52 PM, StingRay said:

These changes have occurred at a time that is unfortunate for the parks. 

 

@Gold Coast Amusement Force @StingRayplease list the "changes" that have screwed over SV?

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
7 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@Gold Coast Amusement Force @StingRayplease list the "changes" that have screwed over SV?

Obviously, I don't know all the details of the new code. But it is kinda obvious that's where some of the issues have stemmed from. When you look at this case they started building. Got the job done then it seemed issues have arisen due to changes in the code. I am sure someone here would be much closer to the situation than myself.

Sure the signing of the process can take a while (I have witnessed this first hand in this industry) but I think the changes in the code really hit DW at a bad time. Same goes here for AW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Trending Topics

  • Similar Content

    • By strop
      The latest Nearmap update of the Sunshine Coast (29 Oct, 2020) shows plenty has happened at the Palmview park.
      A large rectangular slab has been placed adjacent to the yet to be opened SX360.


      Plenty of orange track, grey trusses and a crane are all clearly visible.

      This also means we now have three coasters under construction at the same time in South East Queensland.
      Coaster cars perhaps?

    • By Luke Costello
      I was at Aussie world today and I grabbed a few photos of some of various parts to the new inverting pendulum ride they are building.

      What looks to be the control booth.

      Parts of the gondola in some wrapping.

      Some unknown parts.

      Part of a sign and more unknown parts.

      The main arm laying on the construction site.

    • By Aimsley81
      It had been a very long time since I had visited Aussie World (20+ years!) so I decided to check out their Ride the Night event last night. In the way of rides, I knew it couldn’t compete with anything on the GC, but there were a couple of good attractions on offer. 
      Gates opened at 5:45pm and I took that opportunity to walk around the park until the rides started at 6pm. I was surprised at how colourful the park was. Yes I’d seen their advertising and web-site but the park looked - and felt - really fresh and vibrant. It also still had some of that ‘carnival/funfair’ feel as there was different music playing at every turn - though the fact there was a local radio station set up there for the night might also have something to do with it.
      From 6pm I took on the Redback, Bug Run (counts as a coaster right?), Mayhem Maze, Space Shaker, The Wasp, Voyage Simulator, Mozzie Musta and Professor Bogglesworth’s Illusionarium. Dark Rebel and Ballroom Blitz were closed and they had to close The Plunge as it stopped while going up the lift hill and they had to evacuate the riders off of it. The Ferris Wheel ended up closing early too because of the storm. 
      The staff all came across friendly and laid-back - although the ride operators seemed very young. There was some live entertainment during the night - a dj, dancing, fire twirling, plus fireworks at 9pm.  There were a couple of staff members roving the park offering glow-in-the-dark body paint as well as one covered in glow-in-the-dark wrist bands that he gave out to guests during the night. 
      Highlights of the night for me were the Illusionarium as well as the Mayhem Maze. The only way I can describe the Illusionarium is a maze of optical illusions and it was really good and a decent length. The Mayhem Maze was also surprisingly good in that the actors gave good frights!! If it was longer, it could give anything at MW’s Fright Nights a run for its money (IMO). 
      Overall, what the park delivered on the night (and for a mere $25.50) it smashed my expectations. Not a park I could spend a lot of time in but perhaps that will change with what Aussie World has in plan for its future. 



    • By trevorfromaustralia
      Aussie World new coaster 2017 Zamperla | Twister Coaster 420STD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgWsBGoa898
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.