Aussie World’s SX360 Eventual Opening

strop

3 hours ago, djrappa said:

I would say they bought the ride prior to changes in requirements for safety systems and now have to try and go through a whole bunch of hoops to bring up the ride they’ve brought to meet the new requirements. 

Interesting. Those hoops must be extremely large given the length of time it has taken so far for no result still. I would love to see a comparison of the specifications and changes in safety systems before and after - they must be fairly significant changes for the length of time that has been added on to each project they have affected.

4 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

From what I'm aware, the ride was ordered and organised right before the new changes came into play. AW has been scrambling since.
Someone on here might have a more concrete answer but this is coming from my days on PCL when we were in talks with the park about their upcoming plethora of rides that was planned.

Great info thanks @Jdude95. This has obviously affected their plans significantly - I wonder if other than affecting the planned timeline will it have any other serious side effects? Have some of the planned ride installations been cancelled? Food for thought.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, themagician said:

I went past Aussie World yesterday and despite seeing pictures of the ride, I did not realise how big the ride is. It towers above everything else at the park and will really pack a punch when it finally opens 

Yeah the ride was build in the hill, for it to tower over the park. Will be a great ride once it opens

• 10 months later...

Last night I caught the very end of a television commercial for SX360. Unfortunately, it didn't run again while I was watching so I didn't catch when it was opening.

The listing for the ride hasn't been updated on the website and the only indication of it being open is it is included in the artwork for their Ride the Night events running every Friday night in December and January, so this would suggest the ride might already be open if not could be by Friday.

AussieWorld_FB_Grab.thumb.png.44622ab0958fdf96fafc9163877abfca.png

Their recent post states the park has now returned to 7 day trading until the end of January, but seems to contradict the above post that they aren't open for day trade on Fridays.

AussieWorld_FB_Grab2.thumb.png.f361a0c8df8c759904ff1cb95f76e169.png

Great to see them returning to normal and finally opening their new ride. Hopefully The Rat isn't far behind!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Naazon said:

jesus christ man...

That's The Joke | Know Your Meme

Calm down chief, we're on the same side.

When I started this thread in July 2019, it was to highlight they'd be announcing the opening "in the coming weeks"...

On 05/07/2019 at 10:05 AM, strop said:

I came across a question and response on Facebook in regards to the SX360 opening. Had to laugh that they went with “that line” but glad they went on to expand on it:

3AF48381-4F8B-4276-A0F4-4C5A957DB41F.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, themagician said:

They are marketing the ride within an upcoming night event, but the website still says it’s opening soon

They used the same image to promote the event over the Christmas holidays too. Here’s hoping it means they are actually planning on opening it and it’s not just a case of slack marketing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rabbit2014 said:

SX360 has finally opened, at the moment it currently goes upside down once but according to maintenance can go upside down 4 times if they want it to.

Rode last ride(sx360) of the night, staff put on best setting, 4 times upside down. Spoke to maintenance and staff and they asked for idea of when to use best setting and after talking they are thinking of running one rotation early in the day and four rotations later in the day. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Rabbit2014 What did you think of the ride? How does it compare to the Claw? 

Hard to really compare the claw as it doesn’t go upside down but SX360 is a faster, more enjoyable experience, takes a lot of turns to finally go over the top but the ride spins very well so you are always feeling the speed, on the single rotation cycle once it goes over you get great speed but ride ends soon, on the 4 rotation cycle the speed is fantastic as it hits the top speed and holds it for the four complete rotations over the top and it definitely feeling like an extreme ride.

The harness is great ( I weight about 108kg) and it very roomy,  not tight and seats are deep. Ride staff are a little slow on loading and double checking harnesses but will improve over time. 

I can’t wait to visit again in a few months for the opening of the next ride “dingo racer” the spinning wild mouse.

• Like 1