Aussie World’s SX360 Eventual Opening

strop

14 hours ago, themagician said:

Has their been any marketing or offical announcement about ‘Dingo Racer’? I didn’t even know that’s what it was called until tonight 

from https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/aussie-world-opens-sx360-pendulum-swing-ride/

Aussie World has also revealed that construction is well underway on new spinning rollercoaster, to be known as the Dingo Racer.

Designed for all ages and will have a capacity of 960 people per hour, featuring seven cars, seating up to four people each, that simultaneously spins while moving around the track.

The rollercoaster car will reach a height of 14 metres before twisting and turning along the track reaching speeds of up to 72km/h.

Fay added “with so much more in the pipeline for Aussie World in the coming years this is just the beginning of our expansion and renewed focus on thrill rides for the older audience, as well as our family favourites.”

• Like 1

On 18/06/2021 at 5:39 PM, Rabbit2014 said:

ride has broken down we were on and off for last 30mins but seat sensors keeps failing.

Probably out of warranty now too...

On 19/06/2021 at 12:16 PM, Rabbit2014 said:

in the coming years

At least they're being far more optimistic after the SX debacle - they probably learned the lesson from Dreamworld! lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

AW_DINGO_WIN3.jpg

https://www.aussieworld.com.au/special-offers

So if you visit between the 1st of Feb and 6th of March you can win a chance to come back and ride Dingo Racer.

So that implies an opening date probably from mid march onwards, or more likely the 1st of April for the start of the school holidays.

People are on it at least in the pic, so presumably it has passed all the approvals.

3 hours ago, themagician said:

That’s great news, but it can’t open on April 1, people will think it’s a joke.

Ahem..

On 10/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The sense of humour these guys have shown in the past, I honestly wouldn't put it past them to make such references pick such an opening date!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, aaronm said:

Any news on Dingo Racer? Thinking of heading to the park late June.

I honestly don’t know what the delay has been, the ride is good to go it has already been tested with staff members. My guess is they have had some delay due to insurance issues and now they are waiting for another peak period to make the most of the opening so my guess is next school holidays

• Like 1

• 1 month later...