Sign in to follow this  
Gold Coast Amusement Force

Dreamworld Winterfest nights

2 posts in this topic

Winterfest Nights... It seems they sold a lot less tickets this time despite selling out. Previous complaints were about the extensive queue times but they were not too large (excluding tot2 having a 2 and a half hour wait.

I managed a ride on tot 2 with a 5 minute wait but that was just 20 minutes into the event. I also managed Giant Drop twice. Only one side was operation but the queue was 10 to 15 minutes so I wasn’t too bothered. Buzzsaw had a small 5-15 minute queue most of the night as well so I got one ride on that. The cheap fake band was subpar at best, I didn’t really enjoy it and the audio was extremely loud.

0CC18A48-FF5B-4E35-B074-1D0E9521EC09.png

The toboggan had a queue for the majority of the night. The food stalls included a fairly floss stand and 2 other stands as seen in the video (gourmet hot dog and another stall). 

8C92F167-99AD-4B48-916C-27C8DBD90C85.png

This was a bit of a let down seeing they were advertising food trucks but oh well. Dreamworld’s food market had a large queue (due to slow operations) and had doughnuts, sausages, wine and pretzels on offer. All the lighting was great and good looking. 

79C83626-D0E0-482E-8A44-3AA217FB4FCB.png

Dreamworld pulled out the large spotlights that make the event feel alive. There was a lot of filming going on, especially by @Slick. Overall the event was great and a step in the right direction.

The CEO and COO were also in attendance.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 4