Jamberoo Action Park reveal ~$7 Million 'Grand Gorge Falls' & 'Koala Kove'!

'Grand Gorge Falls' & 'Koala Kove'  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of 'Grand Gorge Falls'?

• Brilliant
    • Good
    • Alright
    • Not Good
    • Terrible
  2. 2. What do you think of 'Koala Kove'?

• Brilliant
    • Good
    • Alright
    • Not Good
    • Terrible
  3. 3. What do you think this will mean for 'Surf Hill'?

• They will keep it - 2 versions is always better - less queues, different experience etc.
    • They will get rid of it eventually - 2 of the nearly same thing is odd plus it is nearly 2 decades old

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Great news!!! Jamberoo is the closet park to me. However, the design the of the trapdoor slide WIN describes is different to the one on the DA. Should be smooth sailing tough because the DA has already been approved. The community also loves the park. Great to see a regional park ( TBH not very reigonal but not as big as LPS and Raging ) expand at such a rapid rate. Also, I think the masterplan map you can see in the park has been deviated from but I really am loving to see Jamberoo being unafraid to deviate. I would argue that in the next decade, Jamberoo could overtake Raging Waters Sydney. 

The grand Gorge falls was always planned for a drop floor entrance for slide, as you can see in the picture.

C9628B64-C82A-4C4E-9541-3FF481E7C987.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

The grand Gorge falls was always planned for a drop floor entrance for slide, as you can see in the picture.

I'd assume @Ranger was aware of this. I think he is referencing to part in the video when it mentions "you go through a five metre free fall followed by all sorts or twists, turns and bumps“ in the DA's artist impressions it is straight with a few hills. My hope it stays this way. 

46 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Jamberoo could overtake Raging Waters Sydney. 

In my opinion, Jamberoo has more to offer and has already taken over RWS

1 hour ago, TomiJ said:

In my opinion, Jamberoo has more to offer and has already taken over RWS

In a lot of ways, I think Jamberoo is far superior to RWS.... except one, which makes a big difference - proximity and population density. 

RWS is local to a large swath of the Sydney population and can bank on the locals visiting on a hot afternoon.

Jamberoo isn't really something you do on the spur of the moment, and for those living in Greater Sydney (the biggest local population nearby) you really need to take the whole day to visit... and RWS will always trump Jamberoo because of this.

20 hours ago, Jobe said:

This appears to be only half of the original Grand Gorge Falls project however?

Well, given the pandemic, it wouldn't be surprising if they have tried to go more cost-effective.

14 hours ago, Ranger said:

Should be smooth sailing tough because the DA has already been approved.

Like in the story, they need $2 million before construction can begin, bringing the cost to $9 million (though WIN News Illawarra quotes $10 million - not sure where the extra $1 million comes from). Also, on the 24th of July, they submitted a modification to the original DA. It is the same cost but hasn't been approved yet. I don't know if it has been on exhibition yet (it currently isn't) but I assume the exhibition period was months ago. My speculation is that the modification involves the replacing of the 1st bump with a 360 degree turn (like The Wedgie) or a loop (like Aqualoop) to the SkyBox Multi-Bump Speed Slides.

This would fit this description from Jim Eddy:

On 1 end, there's 2 SkyBoxes & you , uh, you go wal, walked, walk and step on a platform & the platform drops away from you & you go freefall for about 5 metres & then you go into all sorts of twists and turns and bumps & out the other end.

Personally, I hope there is a non-loop option as it will make a more universal experience. Weight restrictions prevented me from riding Aqualoop but I could ride The Wedgie.

14 hours ago, Ranger said:

I would argue that in the next decade, Jamberoo could overtake Raging Waters Sydney. 

Not being biased as Raging Waters Sydney is a design-flawed water park but Jamberoo overtook it on Raging Waters (formerly Wet 'n' WildSydney's 2nd day of operation, which was 6 seasons ago.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

3 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Well, given the pandemic, it wouldn't be surprising if they have tried to go more cost-effective.

Like in the story, they need $2 million before construction can begin, bringing the cost to $9 million (though WIN News Illawarra quotes $10 million - not sure where the extra $1 million comes from). Also, on the 24th of July, they submitted a modification to the original DA.

Look, I frequent JAP and the council are really supportive of the park. The council is not going to turn around and say " since you have added a few twists and turns, we won't 

give you approval ". I liked the original vertical design better but a new ride is a new ride and I will be happy any way. Also, the mayor said if Eddy wants funding, come down and have a chat to me.  

19 hours ago, Ranger said:

Look, I frequent JAP...

Please don't brag about how your frequency of theme park trips correlates with possible theme park knowledge. Correlation does not mean causation. Also, you may notice my user name is 'Jamberoo Fan'. I've been to Jamberoo heaps of times as well and am local too. I've also been a forum member of Parkz for nearly 15 years - probably the number 1 unofficial source of Jamberoo news on this forum. I've also not learnt theme park knowledge just by going to theme parks - I've done studies in subjects that are required to operate a theme park too and have done hobby research on the iconic theme parks of the world. I also bolded and underlined certain words to emphasise to everyone, not just you, that it is new information.

19 hours ago, Ranger said:

The council is not going to turn around and say " since you have added a few twists and turns, we won't 

give you approval ".

They have before. It's what held up Kangaroo Island initially as the community didn't think the colours of the newly proposed rides fit well into the landscape.

18 hours ago, Ranger said:

Also, the mayor said if Eddy wants funding, come down and have a chat to me.  

And that isn't the Mayor. That's the New South Wales Member Of Parliament For Kiama & New South Wales Government Minister For Families, Communities & Disability Services.

Governments normally don't just give money to theme parks - they are private commercial operations. However, due to the pandemic & recession, things may be more lenient to help the local economy. It would still go through a stringent process though to justify giving $2 million to a water park in a recession & pandemic.

The Mayor of Kiama Municipality is Mark Honey (pictured below) (picture from Kiama Municipal Council).

mark-honey.jpg?dimension=userprofile&w=150&h=150

13 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Please don't brag about how your frequency of theme park trips correlates with possible theme park knowledge. Correlation does not mean causation. Also, you may notice my user name is 'Jamberoo Fan'. I've been to Jamberoo heaps of times as well and am local too. I've also been a forum member of Parkz for nearly 15 years - probably the number 1 unofficial source of Jamberoo news on this forum. I've also not learnt theme park knowledge just by going to theme parks - I've done studies in subjects that are required to operate a theme park too and have done hobby research on the iconic theme parks of the world. I also bolded and underlined certain words to emphasise to everyone, not just you, that it is new information.

Asks member not to brag about his knowledge, proceeds to brag about his knowledge.

13 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

probably the number 1 unofficial source of Jamberoo news on this forum

Only by sheer volume, and to be honest, nobody gives a shit about your in depth 'stick it on the fridge' analysis. The news updates are good. But @Jobe gives us that too - so you aren't really that important. 

Would you like a step ladder to get down off that horse?

Jeez, I was just saying things from my point of view. Look, I may of been nieve for saying things like that and probably should not of bragged about my knowledge so let's just move one. No bad blood at all @Jamberoo Fan. Anyway if we look at the original Kangaroo Island plan here: 

development2012.jpg.a3a3e2476c0a576c7c9eb4e5920ddc6d.jpg

As you can see, this plan has been deviated from a lot. If you look at the ride that became the Perfect Storm originally had a bowl in it. Also there's no Grand Gorge Falls.