'Secret' Alpine Coaster Plan For Jamberoo Action Park Inadvertently Revealed

Alpine Coaster  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see the Alpine Coaster built?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the Alpine Coaster will be built?

• Yes - with 'Grand Gorge Falls' & 'Koala Kove'
    • Yes - sometime after all their other current plans
    • No
  3. 3. When would you prefer the Alpine Coaster be built if it does get built?

• Before 'Grand Gorge Falls' & 'Koala Kove'
    • With 'Grand Gorge Falls' & 'Koala Kove'
    • Before their other 'Kangaroo Island' plans
    • After their other 'Kangaroo Island' plans

@AlexB I didn't know Mcdonalds let you out the back. 😘

13 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

they have inadvertently revealed a plan for an Alpine Coaster

It could mean the Alpine Coaster plans are cancelled and was removed from the project or it's not going to happen for a very long time.

Brilliant work @Jamberoo Fan. Great find!!

I have been campaigning for one of these rides to come to an Australian park for years and I think its the perfect fit for Jamberoo and some of the other smaller parks like Fun Fields  or even Adventure Park in Perth.. This is an Australian first  and I think it will be very well received by the general public.

I haven't yet had the chance to ride one of these as of yet- has anyone on the boards done so? How do they compare to the existing, more common types of toboggans?

Fingers crossed that this proposal gets across the line!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skeeta said:

It could mean the Alpine Coaster plans are cancelled and was removed from the project or it's not going to happen for a very long time.

Well aware of that as I pointed out at my post's conclusion:

21 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

No other details about this have been found, including whether or not they plan to proceed with it.

The fact it was not announced yesterday along with Grand Gorge Falls & Koala Kove indicates, to me, it is not part of that project at least.

In the end, there was a plan at some point in the past 4 years (as the plans mention The Perfect Storm) and that is significant news in itself.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added sentence in regards to 'Grand Gorge Falls' & 'Koala Kove' project
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently contacted Jamberoo and asked if the Alpine Coaster wasin the scope of their future plans. I received an e-mail back from Matt George, the General Manager for Jamberoo.

He wrote

Thank you for the email and apologies for the late reply.

In regards to the Alpine Coaster, unfortunately there is no exciting news to provide at this time. It isn’t part of any current or upcoming development applications and while it is difficult to predict what the future holds, I would suspect a number of other developments would take place prior to this being considered.

Sorry again for the lack of news on this, all the best!

Regards

Matt George | General Manager | Jamberoo Action Park | ph: (02) 4236 0114 | fax: (02) 4236 1269 | e: mgeorge@jamberoo.net |w: www.jamberoo.net

There you go. Disappointing news really, as I feel that this would have been an excellent attraction for the park to add- giving them some further scope beyond their wet ride offerings. Hopefully this idea will be revisited at some point in the future.

Mind you, I think an Alpine Coaster installation would be an excellent choice for Scenic World to replace the rusting remains of Orphan Rocker.........

• Like 2

It isn’t part of any current or upcoming development applications and while it is difficult to predict what the future holds, I would suspect a number of other developments would take place prior to this being considered.

Sad to hear @Jobe. I'd give it not until after 2022 at this point - assuming it ever goes ahead - though it was highly likely to not be built until after 2020.

Interesting he wrote "upcoming development applications" as all known future rides have already had a development application submitted for but it is likely he could have just been saying that for clarity. 

Still the more interesting question has not been answered: Since the alpine coaster was initially part of their current plan for the 2020/2021 season, what made them change their mind?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
  • Like 1

They really need another dry ride. I would have thought an Alpine Coaster would have been a great way to replace the old toboggan. But you never do know what the future holds. Interesting to see what other things have want to go ahead with in the future. I know the plans have changed a little over the years. I like the idea of things changing as it keeps everyone on their toes.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2019 at 7:22 PM, Jobe said:

I think an Alpine Coaster installation would be an excellent choice for Scenic World to replace the rusting remains of Orphan Rocker.

I think the cowboy attitude of the 1980's is well and truly behind us. I very much doubt they'd be permitted to do anything that destructive to the forest, and its a low capacity attraction that doesn't fit the Scenic World model these days.

• Like 1

I think the wildest attraction we will ever see at Scenic World would be the railway or the cable car. Gotta remember the national park (where scenic world is) is protected. So I don't see anything major like an alpine coaster occuring. Plus enthusiast would get upset they it would be slow thanks to all the tourist.