Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

On 24/07/2019 at 9:25 AM, Edward_marker said:

It better not be a Zamperla Thunderbolt or a Zac Spin coaster maintainance heavy and very rough. Hopefully Mack, RMC, or B&M. 

Would they get a decent model from one of those companies for $20 million though? Let's face it, they have to have something that will at least match DCR currently & that will be as interesting at launch as Leviathan at SW is expected to be.

An RMC Raptor model might be good as a future replacement for HWSW, but I'd be thinking they need something bigger - and bigger usually means bigger bucks.

If they've freed up as much as has been reported by some (figure I saw was $80 million), they may want to up their budget a bit to around 30 mill & go all out with something that can really take on VRTP.

Just an opinion, mind you...

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the video I did a while back, whatever they build will be instantly stacked up against Rivals, and if it doesn't have a marketable edge then it's throwing money at the wall for no good reason. I'd go as far as to say that changing the game on their marketing strategy from mysterious and and secret to fully open and transparent (like Energylandia did with their Hyper) would be a great way to buy them the time they need to do this right and not whatever they can get their hands on first. Doing the latter appeases the bosses in charge in delivering a profitable short term vision, granted, but it's a poor strategy for guests in creating a once in a generation ride.

Edited by Slick

8 hours ago, Slick said:

As I mentioned in the video I did a while back, whatever they build will be instantly stacked up against Rivals, and if it doesn't have a marketable edge then it's throwing money at the wall for no good reason. I'd go as far as to say that changing the game on their marketing strategy from mysterious and and secret to fully open and transparent (like Energylandia did with their Hyper) would be a great way to buy them the time they need to do this right and not whatever they can get their hands on first. Doing the latter appeases the bosses in charge in delivering a profitable short term vision, granted, but it's a poor strategy for guests in creating a once in a generation ride.

Exactly the reason why DW should be buying something with inversions. Neither Superman or Rivals go upside down. Should maybe go for a high inversion count just so DW can claim 'we have a coaster that isn't crap and goes upside down heaps of times which none of our competitors have'. Why not buy a clone of the smiler or takabisha if they want to do it on the cheap. Still prefer Vekoma's Shockwave layout as my top pick for something off the shelf though.

Having the public decide what the coaster should be is a fantastic move but i don't see that happening, especially from the folks at Ardent. You'd get maybe the active members of this forum and a few others voting on what the coaster should be. The GP really cant tell the difference between different multi inversion layouts to be honest.

Edited by Baconjack

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Ardent's FY19 financial results to be released on Friday.  Will Ardent deliver the goods and layout the plan?

My only hope is that they announce an official opening date for Sky Voyager. And an explanation for the massive delay (but I doubt it). Let's get SV going, and then anything else they announce is a plus.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

And than Parkz database has been updated.

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.thumb.JPG.f828e89980798f0846021d02972a8fbd.JPG

Wow this is going to be awesome!  I really hope they theme it well. It would’ve been nice if they had gotten a custom layout but i’m sure this is going to be great addition.

As fun as launched coasters are I hope that there are plans to eventually add a coaster with a traditional chain lift. 

Edited by Mc coaster

42 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

And than Parkz database has been updated.

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.thumb.JPG.f828e89980798f0846021d02972a8fbd.JPG

I had a feeling this would be the new addition since Mack have been palming out this model to various parks in Asia recently. I rode Blue Fire at Europa Park a few years back and really enjoyed it - it’ll be a great and much needed addition to Dreamworlds line up! 

Well that's some really good news. A Blue Fire clone is a great marquee attraction that Dreamworld really needs, and a good coaster for Australia in general really. It'll be a great attraction considering they are investing $16-20 million.

12 minutes ago, themagician said:

That’ll be awesome and the perfect kind of ride for DW. I do hope it is themed to gold rush and it uses that land that had river rapids. Bring it on 

I believe DW will axe the Gold Rush theme and build a new area on the site. But again, the results come tomorrow, so we'll possibly see what is the park's future then.

Edited by Baconjack

This is fantastic new for dreamworld, a new roller coaster and sky voyager is maybe days from opening, now that government approval has been given to finally open.

This is hopefully the start to get the crowds back thru the gates and confidence, trust from the public will return if they do the right thing from now on in terms with  maintenance and staff training 

Edited by Rabbit2014

Hell yes!!

This ride looks like a tonne of fun and a really smart choice for a Coaster DW! Not to mention it will give them the opportunity to quietly retire TOT, if that's the plan.

I still wonder if the old Gold Rush site will be the location or could it be the former Thunderbolt /defunct Lazy River spot?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Hell yes!!

This ride looks like a tonne of fun and a really smart choice for a Coaster DW! Not to mention it will give them the opportunity to quietly retire TOT, if that's the plan.

I still wonder if the old Gold Rush site will be the location or could it be the former Thunderbolt /defunct Lazy River spot?

I do not think there will be enough room in that spot to fit the ride now that we know the exact layout. Where the Ampitheatre and probably Blue Lagoon is being ripped down is where the coaster will be going.

Edited by Baconjack

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic