Dreamworld on V8 weekend

Jelock

I'm going to be visiting the Gold Coast over the same weekend as the V8s (not going to the race though.) Wondering if anyone knows how busy Dreamworld gets over this weekend? My original plan was to go on Thursday and Friday but wondering, if because of the race, the Saturday may actually be quieter than Friday?

It's hit and miss, and really hard to predict.

The coast is packed for the race, and obviously transport around downtown surfers gets a little iffy because of it. Coomera should be quiet and provided you're not staying near the track, you shouldn't have much problem - as for attendance, the race format has two 300km races (there was some talk last year of making it a single 500km race on sunday but it wasn't a popular idea) so the race fans are probably going to watch both days if they aren't local.

For my money i'd suggest it'd be a pretty normal October weekend attendance - you won't notice much up or down on regular numbers - you might lose a few petrolhead locals, but you also might get the 'rest of the family not interested in motorsport' going to a park to replace them...

If you're concerned about the crowds, and you don't get to visit often, but want to make sure you ride everything - budget for a RideExpress pass, but don't pre-book it. If you get to the park and its busier than you thought, go and get the Ride Express pass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jelock said:

I'm going to be visiting the Gold Coast over the same weekend as the V8s (not going to the race though.) Wondering if anyone knows how busy Dreamworld gets over this weekend? My original plan was to go on Thursday and Friday but wondering, if because of the race, the Saturday may actually be quieter than Friday?

It doesn't matters what day you go at the moment.  What's wrong with going to MW and riding a real coaster?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

It doesn't matters what day you go at the moment.  What's wrong with going to MW and riding a real coaster?

This is a interesting statement. He may be travelling with family or not be a thrill seeker? Maybe he'd rather ride Buzzsaw, TOT2 (if it's open), HWSW rather than DC Rivals, Superman, GL and Arkham.

I used to frequent the GC for the GC600 and back in the day indycar. You'll find on the weekends when the racing is on that the parks won't be as busy. But the few days beforehand and after the race the parks might be a little busier with some race goers staying behind. Having said that in the past it's not terribly noticeable that the parks are a little busier during these times anyway.

6 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

This is a interesting statement. He may be travelling with family or not be a thrill seeker? Maybe he'd rather ride Buzzsaw, TOT2 (if it's open), HWSW rather than DC Rivals, Superman, GL and Arkham.

Yeah, MW is better for me (I am a coaster fan) but DW is better for the kid. Only time for one park so....