Dreamworld Update - 3rd of August

@MickeyD I agree with you, with there upcoming announcement of a new roller coaster, making the park as vibrant as ever and the eventual opening of Sky Voyager I personally think Dreamworld will be booming again 😊 John Osbourne and Greg Yong seem to be doing a very good job and hope it stays this way. 

I am very glad they scrapped the expansion of the waterpark personally otherwise there wouldn't have been enough $$$ to fund a decent coaster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pushbutton said:

Wouldn't a lazy river be a lazy way to expand the park, given there's already one at Wet & Wild? 

You're right. Their competitor has a product that is really popular. They shouldn't offer that, and just let everyone spend their money with the competition...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pushbutton said:

Or offer an alternative, that's similar but with different features. In this case, an adventure river rather than just another lazy river. 

I thought that was the plan at Dreamworld to be honest. 

It was a stupid alternative.  A lazy river is a must have but isn't your showcase piece when you're trying to woo the crowds back to DW.

40 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Thanks for the update. Gotta love that no maintenance diesel train...

Although i'm sure the bucket of shit tractor masquerading as a train is quietly broken, the demolition of the ampitheatre is probably more the cause of the current inactivity on the railway...

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Greg signs up, all this activity. It all smacks of something big in the works!

100%. I know when I said the place can turn it around some people might have been a little meh at first. The evidence is in front of us all. Greg was one of the best things that have happened to the park in management for a while.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

They were painting Green Room when I drove past this morning 

Lets give DW a medal.  Medals for everyone.   

4 hours ago, Slick said:

What I do hope is that when we start to hear announcements about new attractions and masterplans etc. etc. in the coming months/years is that everything's done with a sense of holistic consideration to the greater picture and not just out of necessity to deliver something as soon as possible because Village is doing XYZ in the same time period.

Slick is spot on.   We need a master plan that DW sticks to.

I'll wait to give out my medals pending DW’s future revels.  I want "that" master plan which DW have promised and undelivered for many years. 

• Like 1