Tower of Terror 2 closing

On 13/08/2019 at 8:47 AM, Naazon said:

The noise is also super loud but I've always thought it made the atmosphere.

Agreed that it adds atmosphere to the park. Whenever I visit Dreamworld and TOT isn't running it feels like something is wrong because hearing that metallic whoosh every 5 minutes really drives home that you're at Dreamworld.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Is it possible that Tower of Terror might be getting it’s ride system upgraded? They didn’t take up the upgrade that the six flags version received, but would it be possible that it’s now receiving the same treatment. Or would it be too late for this to happen? 

3 hours ago, Sarahscott said:

@Gold Coast Amusement Force think the upgrade might've already been done for Tower of terror seems to be running more reliable these days.

It never had the same upgrades that the California counterpart had. 

Hypothetically, if the upgrade was going to cost several million dollars, would it be worth it? If it were my money I’d retire the ride, retrofit giant drop (as I mentioned in that video I did at the start of the year) and open up the park. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sarahscott said:

Tower of terror not going anywhere, it is staying 

Forgive my skepticism, but judging by your (brief) presence on the boards, you don't come across as someone with an inside connection at DW... would you care to indulge us with an insight into how you know this?

TL:DR: Source?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Forgive my skepticism, but judging by your (brief) presence on the boards, you don't come across as someone with an inside connection at DW... would you care to indulge us with an insight into how you know this?

TL:DR: Source?

I think they are only expressing their opinion but it is perceived as being a factual statement. The only source we have to say that Tower of Terror is staying and going through a refurbishment is @Evie.

It doesn't come across as an opinion though. It more comes across as someone else trying to provide further confirmation on top of the comment that Evie left.

As much as these forums have mixed thoughts on whether the tower should stay or not, you can't deny that it's a unique ride that many still enjoy and would love to see finally receive the full upgrade that was offered by Intamin a few years ago.

• Like 4

While I completely understand why some enthusiasts would rather see TOT go, I personally think the refurb is a great move - because as long as DW have TOT, they get to say that they have the tallest and fastest roller coaster in Australia regardless of how much better Rivals is and that is a huge drawcard. I think a refurb would be really well received by the GP too cause it's a bit of a nation-wide inside joke that TOT reaches a pretty pathetic spot on the tower these days and has for many years. Getting it back to the heights (and speed) it used to reach would make it a notable flagship attraction for the park again.

Edited by mssveattck
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sarahscott said:

Was just thinking the Reverse Half Pipe feature on the new rollercoaster could be the replacement. 

That's about 1/4th of the height of TOT and goes about half the speed the same speed as TOT currently reaches. Definitely not enough to justify removing a whole ride due to it being similar to an element on a coaster that's about to be built in the park.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

this thread probably is.

I'm fairly certain @Richard once mentioned that where posts are removed or otherwise moderated, the moderation team would reach out to the member in PM to explain why. Its curious this isn't happening after repeated edits...

?

I refuse to believe it was the community moderators.  It was the fun police. @AlexB

3 minutes ago, Gazza said:

It was just a bunch of single emoji and gif replies @AlexB no actual content.

The emoji had meaning "goddamnit" 😂

Edited by Skeeta

17 minutes ago, Gazza said:

It was just a bunch of single emoji and gif replies @AlexB no actual content.

But how come just @Brad2912‘s gif remained but everything else was removed? I think that was also confusing people. Even moreso now we have an explanation as to why the thread was cleaned

Edited by Jdude95
  • Like 2

• Gazza changed the title to Tower of Terror 2 closing