Tower of Terror 2 closing

At the park today. TOT is down, greeter not sure whether it will be opening today. God I’m going to be pissed if I don’t get one last ride today. 

Update: there is a cherry picker working at the base of the tower. Unsure wether he is working on the track or just the netting underneath. The work is also putting GD out of action for the time being.

Update 2: looks like ride op is doing start up ops, so we might be in luck.

12EAF033-98E1-4EB8-81CF-0C41515B21CB.jpeg

F5986B87-268D-4A71-872D-00F54636F9FF.jpeg

Edited by ejpdtd
  • Like 2

Update 3: still here waiting, it has been going through periods of test cycling two or three times. Then nothing for 30 minutes. Repeat.

Speaking to a ride op who’s been working TOT for 14 years, she said she used to be able to get 25 cycles in an hour back in the day, and in the past year they’ve been struggling to get 13/hr. Ride op said it operated fine yesterday and they pushed it to its limits - which she says is what has caused the issue today. Had a good yarn about TOT and Magic Mountains Superman which was also down on my recent trip to MM last month. 

Update 5:

Engineering came back and cycles were getting more frequent. But it either continues to overshoot the station, or doesnt come far enough back down the tunnel and has to be whinched back to station which causes the big gap in cycles. The ride op has been opening up a bit more, saying they did Infact have big issues with it yesterday afternoon, and is not confident it will open again between now and Sunday. 

Anyone that is planning a trip definitely check the site or call before coming. 

Yesterday when riding we overshot the station actually. Had to roll us backwards and then control the train back into the station to “park” it they said. They were definitely trying to get as many trains through as possible.

just glad we got this picture for our last ride on it 🙏🏼

DA32309C-41B2-4465-9D2C-4FC3F244893A.jpeg

Edited by Ryanhop01
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Is it overshooting because they are maxing out the speed?

I think it's because the system looses track of its position on the way back to the station, causing the magnetic braking timing to be out of sync, so it runs into the mechanical emergency brakes after the station. Still washes a fair bit of speed due to the uphill run. 

I could be wrong in my understanding though. 

Edited by red dragin
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, red dragin said:

I think it's because the system looses track of its position on the way back to the station, causing the magnetic braking timing to be out of sync, so it runs into the mechanical emergency brakes after the station. Still washes a fair bit of speed due to the uphill run. 

I could be wrong in my understanding though. 

Yeah, that's pretty much it. That's the reason it overshoots or undershoots... or sort of shoots and then rolls back a little before getting stuck

• Like 1

Thankfully I didn’t try my luck today. I messaged Dreamworld this morning asking if Tower would operate today, and just received a response at 1pm telling me it hasn’t been operating today either. Really poor of dreamworld not advertising clearly that it is not operating currently on fb or website, most of the people I spoke too yesterday were mainly visiting dreamworld to ride TOT. There were multiple parents that came up to the queue and said they had pulled kids out of school early yesterday to get one last ride. 

Think we all need to grasp the reality that we might not get one last ride. 

1C737021-E2B1-4239-BFE7-FB049B93EF0B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Why would you pull your kids out of school to go on a ride that is open after school and on the weekend (if it opens again that is?).  Oh well, to each their own..

That was the ride ops response to them too, bit silly. Pretty sure one of the lady’s reasoning was that she also had a two year old that she had to take care of the other days. I think she was just whinging to the ride op as if she had any control over it opening lol. 

24 minutes ago, Andrewh said:

Does anyone know if tot2 is operating today?

You should never be allowed into DW again.  Just saying.

@Mc coaster  You can vomit all you want and Skeet don't give a flying flock of sheep. It's people like @Andrewh that forces DW to put a roofs on Log rides.    @Andrewh still doesn't get it as long as he displays his trophy photo in his profile.  

Edited by Skeeta

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

You should never be allowed into DW again.  Just saying.

@Mc coaster  You can vomit all you want and Skeet don't give a flying flock of sheep. It's people like @Andrewh that force DW to put a roofs on the Log rides.    @Andrewh still doesn't get it as long as he displays his trophy photo in his profile.  

Hey @Skeeta firstly I rarely negatively react on people posts.

If that was a intended as a joke then i’ll happily remove my reaction but if you really mean that (which is why I reacted that way) it stays because to me that’s just not very nice. Sure he did something wrong a while ago but he has apologised and I am assuming that he has learnt his lesson. Correct me if I’m wrong but as I’m aware he was banned from dreamworld for a while and that was eventually lifted and he was forgiven so why can’t we leave him alone. Again I have no problem with a joke but to me that just was a little bit rude.

• Like 1