Tower of Terror 2 closing

5 hours ago, Andrewh said:

Ah awesome! I’m gonna head down to dreamworld now for one last ride, maybe I’ll see some of you there :D

and yes I should probably change my picture, I’m just lazy

Just make sure you get there before November 3. I suppose @Andrewh has just gotta live with the fact that when anybody goes somewhere they’re not supposed to be it’s doing an ‘AndrewH’.

TOT was running all day today up until we left at 3. Went on it for the first time ever too.

Bit disappointed with the ride photo's we got. First two times we were in the back row, last time we were in the front right. All three photos of us are covered by the photoshopped head :(

What's the trick here? Front row left or do you need to ask for a non shopped photo somehow?

9c68b43bb37c4c5093b17163f7a4d10a.jpg

23 minutes ago, franky said:

TOT was running all day today up until we left at 3. Went on it for the first time ever too.

Bit disappointed with the ride photo's we got. First two times we were in the back row, last time we were in the front right. All three photos of us are covered by the photoshopped head :(

What's the trick here? Front row left or do you need to ask for a non shopped photo somehow?

Photo store team members are able to manually move the picture inside the overlay to align it. You can also request the photo without the overlay.

You're paying for (or have a photo pass you've paid for) a photo of you on a ride - they will happily supply you with one.

I proposed to my wife on the (then) Cyclone, and the team member at the photo booth was happy to provide copies both with and without the overlay on the photo.

As for TOT, here is an example, this was from another ride, taken only yesterday (courtesy of \ stolen from @Jdude95😞
image.thumb.png.585f30bdf1c4c2d48e12a81b765aa4e5.png

Edited by AlexB

1 hour ago, franky said:

On the dreampix website you are able to select the photo and choose different borders as well :)

There is a generic dreamworldone which doesnt cover any heads, and I just cropped it to fit inside!

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

Photo store team members are able to manually move the picture inside the overlay to align it. You can also request the photo without the overlay.

You're paying for (or have a photo pass you've paid for) a photo of you on a ride - they will happily supply you with one.

I proposed to my wife on the (then) Cyclone, and the team member at the photo booth was happy to provide copies both with and without the overlay on the photo.

As for TOT, here is an example, this was from another ride, taken only yesterday (courtesy of \ stolen from @Jdude95😞

You could have at least used this one. My face is much more entertaining

Dreamworld & WhiteWater World-DREAM-Tower of Terror Trip Photos-id242050257.jpg

Question - I know the original entrance and skull were positioned roughly where Gingys Gliders are today, but when and why was it ever moved/changed? I imagine it was due to the development of the kids area, but from photos, I much preferred it’s original positioning, unlike it’s tucked away entrance today 

13 hours ago, Ryanhop01 said:

On the dreampix website you are able to select the photo and choose different borders as well :)

There is a generic dreamworldone which doesnt cover any heads, and I just cropped it to fit inside!

Cheers mate was doing my head in when we got home after we got back from Halloween night on Friday and seen the border was blocking the back row. Probley should start wearing a hat more at work lol...

20191031_204157.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, themagician said:

Question - I know the original entrance and skull were positioned roughly where Gingys Gliders are today, but when and why was it ever moved/changed? I imagine it was due to the development of the kids area, but from photos, I much preferred it’s original positioning, unlike it’s tucked away entrance today 

I imagine it was for the construction of Reptar coaster, 2001 seems around the time it moved and Reptar opened 2002.

Edit: thinking about this made me remember avalanche that I had completely forgotten, man that was a fun ride.

0420-128_Nick-Central-Ba_IMGP0701.JPG

From memory, the skull would have sat just to the left of SpongeBob on the wall over there.

map10.JPG

Edited by ejpdtd
  • Like 2

For those visiting today: 

Ride currently has been tested once so it’s not operating at the moment  

DF976EF3-0BDD-4AD2-9FF0-AB004D93E39C.thumb.jpeg.eb1625d959cc137366bd5cd2301dd765.jpeg

The lady at the front of the attraction was more than happy to get picture of me at the front of the skull which I reckon will be closest I’ll get to the attraction today atm :( 

B8076826-9FF0-451B-BCBF-412499F0ACC0.thumb.jpeg.7ab8178105dd6da52da3be3688715e93.jpeg

Update 1: 

40 minute delay minimum has been the message passed around atm 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jayw said:

Keep the updates coming. If they get it off the ground, I’m planning on trying to get down there today. 

I will do chief 

I’m only person in line at the moment and there’s been nothing to report besides engineers have been walking up to the station in the last 15/20mins 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

Operator says it looks like there's little chance of it running today and tomorrow isn't looking decent either. The few tests it's done it looks like it's reaching as high as it used to back when it opened. Seems like one test run every 15 mins or so at the moment 

• Like 1

Just announce it’s closure now.

There is no chance it’s going to be able to perform well enough to satisfy the demand it’s going to have for it’s last day. Don’t piss paying park guests off, if you know it’s not likely going to be able to perform tomorrow, make an announcement before you have a large bunch of people with a sour taste in their mouth.

10 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

There is no chance it’s going to be able to perform well enough to satisfy the demand it’s going to have for it’s last day.

We were there on a 3 day pass Wednesday through Thursday. It wasn't running on Tuesday as per a previous poster, it was being tested Wednesday morning and opened to riders after lunch on Wednesday arvo, Thursday and Friday morning, started developing issues on Friday arvo after the rain.

With any luck they'll get one more day out of it. Besides I was talking to someone running pandamoniun on Wednesday and they said they're having a staff sendoff after the park closes on Sunday, so there's some incentive for them to get it running.