Tower of Terror 2 closing

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t have any pictures of the below sorry but..

The TOT2 car is sitting near the former planned Lazy River site from what I saw yesterday from the Temple/Little Rippers tower

They were also packing the final parts away in the shipping containers ready for Six Flags Magic Mountain 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webslave said:

That's a very strange arrangement of fire sensors.

needs to cover all angles because they're in a fixed position, whereas the ones on scooby doo, being mounted on the front of the ride vehicles, are capable of moving around the entire ride envelope...

12 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I really hope I don't have to explain the history and story of the scooby fire eyes to you gentlemen... i'm starting to feel like you think i'm serious...

It was several years ago, before any of these members were here.

TLDR there was a member who believed that the LED eyes on the scooby doo cars were fire sensors, and the cars had the ability to reverse backwards through the dark ride section if a fire was detected.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

Glad to see we are still commemorating the anniversary of this memorable and community-defining occasion. I actually received an email notification (bringing me here) saying my post from 2005 had been quoted - what a delight!

To be fair - there are less grammatical errors than I was expecting, but the content is somewhat painful. May it sit there as a lesson for the ‘new’ younger generation - always question what people tell you, just maybe not in the company of AlexB.

Cheers to an amazing 15 years! I don’t have much involvement in theme parks anymore, but I still credit my interest in them and my time on this site as the reason I got started in engineering. Plus some great friendships have come from this site.

🙂👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...