Gold Coast Amusement Force

Tower of Terror 2 closing

271 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Skeeta said:

No.  You know I don't.

You're right, you don't. Unlike my family member who does work there and knows first hand what the current extra quarantine measures are doing to their average turnarounds due to these extra measures being taken at nearly every single port around the world. That tends to cause some delays when you've got boats making 10 other stops before even reaching Australia.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

Correct.😁

Oh, so you're assuming the coaster track is one of the items held up because other items have been.

That's a reasonable assumption at this point in time.

• Like 1

OK I will put your 2nd hand knowledge with @Greg MIB 2nd hand knowledge and put it aside while we wait for some 1st hand knowledge.

Is talking to the MIB 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge?  Might even be 4th hand knowledge.  Who knows.

So how many hands of knowledge did we get with SV or Vortex?  🤣

Edited by Skeeta

I think it's fair to say all cargo will be experiencing delays, due to processing and quarantine and inspection requirements. I'm pretty certain, if I read back over this thread, that both Skeet and Jdude agree on that.

I think the difference of opinion here, is that Jdude's original wording suggested that actual track pieces would be subjected to additional quarantine and inspection requirements, which would delay them upon arrival, but I'm not sure that was what he intended to suggest, but I think thats probably the pedantry that i'd be fussing over here, and it seems like Skeet might be insisting on those specifics as well.

End of the day, it's at least arguable that the coaster parts will experience some delivery delays due to all of the shitfuck nonsense going on right now, and you should all be thankful that our toilet paper is made locally because there's a lot of shit in here to clean up.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Go have a cry because you made a dumb comment.. I make dumb comments all the time so get over yourself.

Correction: I made two factual comments which you did not agree with because your personal opinions were different.

• Like 1

Agreed, for all intents and purposes, "delays at ports" and "increased inspections" are really just two sides of the same coin. I dunno why you would split hairs over the difference. It's a weird hill to die on.

Even if the coaster track isn't undergoing increased inspections and gets waved through, its still stuck in line behind the stuff that is?

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 4

On 12/03/2020 at 2:15 PM, Jdude95 said:

Because I have spoken to the company who are currently waiting for these containers to arrive that have been delayed because of the extra quarantine process.

You don't have to believe the truth. It's not my fault if you do a dumb and believe whatever you want.

I have a customer who regularly comes in that works at the port of Brisbane, and has been saying that he hasn't worked in 2 weeks because containers just aren't coming in (im assuming he didn't mean not coming in altogether, but at a less frequent rate). So yeah either more quarantine or just nothing coming from china is believable imo.

• Like 1