Ideas to fix WB Kids at Movie World

Tim Dasco

With the recent talk in the other threads about movie worlds family/ kids offerings I thought it warranted its own thread.

In my opinion once Atlantis has finished and WNW gets some love. The next major capital spend should be back at MW with a nice dark ride to replace the void from LTRR and replacement and updating all the existing flat rides in the current LT area.

Edited by Slick

Whilst a true replacement for LTRR would be welcomed, it just isn’t going to happen. The cost of building a new showstage to house another dark ride is just cost prohibitive, and the existing ones are all well utilised. 

For mine i’d just put a broom through the entirety of WB Kids with the exception of Roadrunner, Carousel and the Pounce & Bounce.

Redevelop the remainder with 3-4 kids flats, but keeping the LT theme

17 minutes ago, Original said:

I'd presume Tim doesn't mean build a new show stage, but rather use the existing LTRR one, wiping out driving school and put the dark ride in there. 

But once again, that just won’t happen. It’s the newest attraction in the area, it’s popular, unique (moreso when you get rid of Speedy’s) and is super family friendly in that adults can ride with toddlers. It’s not on the level of LTRR by any means, but you ain’t gonna rip it out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westical said:

Why not? It only has one. 

Because you need to give the little kids something. I know most here do not have children but you really need kids to have an area where they feel welcomed and wanted. Sure, get another dark ride but not at the expense of the kid's area. I'm sorry but personally, that would be a bad move.

Some new flat rides (look at SeaWorld) and some TLC in the current area would be enough to jazz that area up.  It would also help the flow of people down within this area of the park if it was redesigned a little as a one way in and out. Not a ring road path. Make proper facilities for special needs children also. Not just a former ride building that honestly has seen better days.

• Like 1

LTRR ain't coming back. I know people want it to but it won't be. Sure nostalgia is great but the way I see it justice league is good for small kids also. Just look at the height requirement.

I know this might shock some people but a theme park gets more money from my wallet having a kid than it would an enthusiast. So that being said the park needs to try to do the right thing and look after all age groups. Not just the 10-year-olds and up.

That’s exactly what LTRR or BT was. I went on them as a 4 year old and loved them. Obviously major capitol spending won’t happen again until 2021/2020 after everything at SW is finished. By that stage the mini driving school will be 10 years old and instead of updating the cars and what not could be removed. Along with some flat rides in a land with a fresh IP.

16 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

That’s exactly what LTRR or BT was. I went on them as a 4 year old and loved them. Obviously major capitol spending won’t happen again until 2021/2020 after everything at SW is finished. By that stage the mini driving school will be 10 years old and instead of updating the cars and what not could be removed. Along with some flat rides in a land with a fresh IP.

What IP did you have in mind? 

I personally would remove anything left of Junior Driving School, but also including the Splash Zone and add 3 or four new flat rides to that area. Things that are more modern and maybe some new rides not yet seen on the coast. While Junior Driving School works, what a waste of space. We have this massive show building and they just installed a ride that already exists in that area. They should’ve kept it as a dark ride (not necessarily water based), but something really awesome could’ve gone in.

The Ratatouille ride cost $270 million, so I’m not expecting something to that scale. But I’m sure they could implement that ride system in some how.

Also, a side question. Lately, has anyone seen Lola Bunny, Taz, Road Runner, the Coyote at Movie World. Even Marvin the Martin, Foghorn, Porky, Sam and Pepe Le Pew, which we’re never common, but where have they gone. They all used to be common characters, especially Lola, but I haven’t seen any of them at the park in over a year now? It’s mostly super hero appearances now (which I don’t have an issue with because the kids love them), but it would be great to see some more of the classic looney tunes characters more often since they are such a big part of the park 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

But once again, that just won’t happen. It’s the newest attraction in the area, it’s popular, unique (moreso when you get rid of Speedy’s) and is super family friendly in that adults can ride with toddlers. It’s not on the level of LTRR by any means, but you ain’t gonna rip it out. 

I think we're forgetting here that the LTRR show building was twice as large as JDS is. The park currently uses the other half for storage, maintenance and floats and such. What they need to do is find another space to house any\all of that, and utilise the other half of the building to expand the kids area into something amazing.

The curved roof from LTRR still exists (at least, i assume it does in the other half - it was last time i saw it) - paint a sky (think The Venetian) and make it a large collection of flats, and perhaps another capacity soaking multi-car attraction (coaster-like, aerial - it'd be awesome to put in a canopy flyer type attraction or similar...

With VRTP clearly showing they are willing to spend money to improve their parks offerings, it’s not unrealistic for them to spend another $20-$30 million on a new updated precinct in the years 2021-2022.

If VRTP really want to fix the kids offering or build a world class dark ride they can. Just weather they want to and or when.

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Also, a side question. Lately, has anyone seen Lola Bunny, Taz, Road Runner, the Coyote at Movie World. Even Marvin the Martin, Foghorn, Porky, Sam and Pepe Le Pew, which we’re never common, but where have they gone. They all used to be common characters, especially Lola, but I haven’t seen any of them at the park in over a year now? It’s mostly super hero appearances now (which I don’t have an issue with because the kids love them), but it would be great to see some more of the classic looney tunes characters more often since they are such a big part of the park 

Lola has still been making apperances in the park - Mainly now photoshoots outside Main Street and in Kids WB 

Wile E and Foggy - come out from time to time - Foggy has been appearing abit more recently mainly towards in the afternoon 

Pepe -  Valantines Day - Once a year 

No idea on others, however, don't be expecting RR to come back as there were safety concerns with the character as I am aware

Marvin does make appearance in the new Tunes Dance Party but not in person though, 

@Adventures With JWorld Safety concerns in regards to visitors or the performer?

I thought the RR and Coyote appearance/show was really good and always got a large crowd 

Shame they don’t bring on the Looney Tunes characters out during the parade. I know it comes down to cost cutting, but particularly during the holiday/busy periods, I think they definitely should