Ideas to fix WB Kids at Movie World

Tim Dasco

I don't know how practical this is but maybe the part of the building where junior driving school is that's currently used for storage could be made into a Looney Tunes theatre, and feature shows several times daily with the LT characters basically doing something like a live version of a typical cartoon  (obviously with appropriate scenery and props.

The scenery could actually be from LT cartoons.

Wouldn't be very expensive to create and would be a shaded seating area with entertainment, making it potentially even better than Dreamworlds.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I don't know how practical this is but maybe the part of the building where junior driving school is that's currently used for storage could be made into a Looney Tunes theatre, and feature shows several times daily with the LT characters basically doing something like a live version of a typical cartoon  (obviously with appropriate scenery and props.

The scenery could actually be from LT cartoons.

Wouldn't be very expensive to create and would be a shaded seating area with entertainment, making it potentially even better than Dreamworlds.

This show wouldn’t bring people through the gates Goldie.  I can’t see a 5-year-old Jonny saying take me to MW I really want to see a LT show.  A filler, nothing more.    If it was the Wiggles, it would be different, but kids don’t care about LT.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Do we even know if they are going ahead with it at this point... 

Also, the shaded seating joke died a long time ago

26 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Roadrunner has plenty of life in it yet. Whats the reason for removing it? If we are honest, its probably the best attraction in the kids section. Its a no from me.

The last year the ride is alittle rough (last ride 3 months ago) and it has a low capacity since they rarely use two trains if they even use the second train these days.

Road Runner is fine. Its a great kids coaster ( kids being the keyword here). removing it would be a shame. It is themed really well and has a kick-ass run and includes a ride photo. Capacity became an issue once the seat belts were installed but this was required due to the stopping power that brake has at the end of the run. A little rattle shouldn't mean its gotta be removed. Rivals has a rattle also 😲. Better remove it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Do we even know if they are going ahead with it at this point... 

Also, the shaded seating joke died a long time ago

PLEASE don't say they've cancelled the shaded seating area!

It's the reason I renewed my pass this year, and I've got some friends in the UK who've promised their young kids a holiday to Australia when the shaded seating area opens.

I'd hate for the kids to be disappointed.

26 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

PLEASE don't say they've cancelled the shaded seating area!

It's the reason I renewed my pass this year, and I've got some friends in the UK who've promised their young kids a holiday to Australia when the shaded seating area opens.

I'd hate for the kids to be disappointed.

Ok mate, we got it first time, you've done that (And pure imagination) to death now...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Ok mate, we got it first time, you've done that (And pure imagination) to death now...

Well I'm sorry if you're all offended, but when I have friends at the other side of the world planning a very expensive holiday on the basis of information I've given them, I do not want to have to tell them I was wrong. 

However, I do also realise all of your opinions are extremely important,  and all of you are far superior to me, so how dare I be so arrogant as to make a joke. 

11 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Well I'm sorry if you're all offended, but when I have friends at the other side of the world planning a very expensive holiday on the basis of information I've given them, I do not want to have to tell them I was wrong. 

However, I do also realise all of your opinions are extremely important,  and all of you are far superior to me, so how dare I be so arrogant as to make a joke. 

Yeah you can make jokes nobody said you couldn't.
But it's not joke, you're literally just spamming the same shaded seating joke over and over . and it's too repetitive.

shadeshadeshadeshadeshadeshade.jpg

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 3

Look at your target market though.

The area is new and colourful when they are little. But they quickly grow up and move on to other parts of the park. Another little child comes along for their first visit and it's all amazing and "new" again. 

There's no need to update as the guest changes regularly. Just maintain and replace as necessary. Just look at the Wiggles, 20+ years of the same costumes, characters and songs. And it works. 

You've got to look at it from that perspective, not an adult fans point of view. There's no need to spend money when your audience is constantly growing up and being replaced. 

Edited by red dragin

I'd rather see the kids area developed into a standalone (not kids-focused) area with some rides relevant to multiple age groups, and then see kids rides integrated into the other areas of the park to spread them out a bit.  Speaking as a parent, the kids area is frustrating because it feels miles from everywhere else in the park - so inevitably one parent is saddled with the youngest kid in that area and is isolated from the rest of the family as they do the rest of the park.

An approach of integrating a kids ride into each area of the park allows families to stay together throughout the day, and to move together through the park from area to area without tedious back-tracking to a far-flung corner of the park.

48 minutes ago, Naazon said:

@pushbutton The issue isn't its a long way, its that its tucked away. No linked paths or circular route, just 1 way in and out. Because of this it also creates a bottleneck in large crowds.

Pretty much this.  It's not on the way to any other ride or attraction.  It's not particularly near lockers (which is rather dumb).  If you've got a (for example) four year-old and a nine year-old chances are one parent is going to be stuck down in the kids area with the youngie and the other parent is going to be up the front of the park with the older kid - the walk time there is 5-10 minutes, and it doesn't exactly make for a good family day out.