WNW - GC upgrade ideas

Tim Dasco

This might be a controversial opinion (or maybe a brilliant idea, either way) but does anyone else think Wet n Wild should be closed down entirely and incorporated into either Movie World or Sea World in the same way that White Water World is connected to Dreamworld? Granted I'm not the biggest fan of water parks in general and the overall lacklustre state of the park I only know about from Brad's trip report in this thread but considering how few rides they have now it would almost make better business sense to attach them to one of their other parks. Movie World is the obvious choice because of how close it is for transporting the rides, but considering Sea World's seaside locale and how empty that park is I think the latter would be the better choice.

• Like 2

While the idea is good, it wouldn’t work. There is Topgolf, studios and AOS in between. Unless they took the concept that American parks have and use, for example a monorail system or even a constant bus service to connect them.

I don’t think they should close it down, but it needs some major investments as really, it hasn’t been touched since 2012

• Like 3

I think that it would be a good idea to have a bus or monorail line from Movie World to Helensvale Station. Stopping at: Movie World, Topgolf, Australian Outdoor Spectacular, Wet N Wild, then Helensvale Station.

I'm not gonna even talk about closing down Wet N Wild. Good Day.

On 03/09/2020 at 5:48 PM, Brad2912 said:

Seems someone believed you....

00D56C6F-3299-423F-9413-229C5F57B29F.jpeg

હા, મેં કર્યું.

2 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

I think that it would be a good idea to have a bus or monorail line from Movie World to Helensvale Station. Stopping at: Movie World, Topgolf, Australian Outdoor Spectacular, Wet N Wild, then Helensvale Station.

It’s called the TX7.

runs roughly every 30mins. 

C24FF09B-F5CB-4137-B7CD-9F9A686217B8.jpeg

Edited by Brad2912

1 hour ago, joz said:

I'm glad that as a community we mostly didn't engage with the idea that WnW should be moved. No arguments, no rants about why it would be stupid, we all ignored it and got on with our day. I feel like we're growing up.

There's always tomorrow for that trend to be reversed 😃 

4 hours ago, Gazza said:

Not only that, it runs every 10 mins between 9am and 11:30 am and between 3:30 and 5pm to deal with the crowds entering and leaving the parks.

I haven’t been to the Gold Coast yet. But does it normally become full during the peak (like what you said above)? Do they need more capacity (like longer or double decker buses or monorails or trams)?

15 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

I haven’t been to the Gold Coast yet. But does it normally become full during the peak (like what you said above)? Do they need more capacity (like longer or double decker buses or monorails or trams)?

It gets 477,000 passengers per year ( approx 1300 per day) so that's below the threshold for a tram/monorail to be necessary.

You occasionally see double deckers on the route.

Edited by Gazza

On 19/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, joz said:

I'm glad that as a community we mostly didn't engage with the idea that WnW should be moved. No arguments, no rants about why it would be stupid, we all ignored it and got on with our day. I feel like we're growing up.

Sorry - I've been travelling through the outback for the past two weeks. Rest assured we will resume our regularly scheduled programming on Monday.

So I'm not sure if this has been suggested before or not but what about if VRTP joined MovieWorld and WNW with a tram/monorail/train similar to Universal Orlando with the Studios and IoA. Guests could pay for a park hopper style ticket that would give them access to both parks. I've done a rough diagram of where it could possibly be placed (Noting I have no idea whether the land is actually part of their land holdings).

Just a thought.

Train.jpg

8 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

So I'm not sure if this has been suggested before or not but what about if VRTP joined MovieWorld and WNW with a tram/monorail/train similar to Universal Orlando with the Studios and IoA. Guests could pay for a park hopper style ticket that would give them access to both parks. I've done a rough diagram of where it could possibly be placed (Noting I have no idea whether the land is actually part of their land holdings).

Just a thought.

Train.jpg

Wouldn’t happen cause it’s would cut right through paradise country and cost would out weigh the return for investment.

51 minutes ago, DJKostya said:

Just a thought.

Train.jpg

The biggest issue you have is that you cutting through land used primarily for the studios for production, and you’ve also cut straight through some of the storage areas and where some of the pre-fab work is done for sets. 
given the popularity of the studio, I don’t think they will be keep to be losing land to something I personally don’t see providing much of a return at all. 
bus options exist already, walking isn’t that far for the able bodied. 
If VTP was really keen on a formal transport option to link the parks, they’d be better served campaigning the state and local govt, and contributing to extending the light rail north from helensvale station to the theme parks. 

• Like 1