WNW - GC upgrade ideas

Tim Dasco

Wet n Wild gold coast really needs to paint most of their slides. As well as that the park should also get some bew slides such as:

-New Tornado 32 Mammoth slide (Maybe similar to old Mammoth plunge)

-A new HydroMagnetic Mammoth Tornado (With a conveyor belt) to replace the existing Tornado slide

-A new Bowl+Wall Hybrid From proslide like the Tsunami surge at six flags over georgia

-A tantrum Alley

This as well as revitalising the back of the park (Removing Extreme H2O branding, Opening up new lockers and maybe a snack bar)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Well, they did install a halfpipe... 

I get that - i'm saying it would be highly unusual for WnW to install another rollercoaster even though they already have one. You'd think their focus would be slides, given their rather lacklustre lineup compared to other parks?

Whatever it is, its a bloody weird placement if it is an attraction. The back of house area behind the wavepool is a ridiculous placement for a new slide when they have so much area in the H2O zone that is unutilised - all of the picnic space, the buggy space, mach 5...

That area is used to store mobile carts, and as a maintenance area (in May, the surfrider train was stored there). They've made no effort to clear much of the crap stacked around that site either. I'm pretty confident that it isn't going to be a slide.

The finished slab also has no piping like one would expect would be underground for a new slide complex.

The only thing that piqued my interest was the obvious trenching that had been done prior to the slab being poured as seen in the shot below (bottom left end of the trench) - but my guess is probably electrical, or drainage.

image.thumb.png.82a76ccfbe8cc4aa922106bd5c56094e.png

Yeah look - going back over 10 years of nearmap, the concreted area has never been used as anything more than a road way, and it does look like they've resurfaced the bitumen in there on several occasions. The trucks and cranes moving in and about that area probably do tear up the ground a bit - especially on hot days, so hardstand is likely - but it's odd that they haven't run it through the whole area (ie - up to the access gates) as they're just going to tear it up the moment the vehicles leave the concrete.

Honestly though - if the Bikash claim is legit, it wouldn't be the first blowhard lot of hot air we've ever had from that corner.