Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

Well it seems to be in the Thunder River Rapids area like I expected though it's rotated 180 degrees (that is, instead of a south-north launch on the east side, it is a north-south launch on the west side).

I do think the GCB is inaccurate in saying the Whitewater World expansion has commenced construction - there are no applications or works underway. Just the hole in the ground where the now cancelled/delayed lazy river was supposed to be.

3 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

Lastly if the coaster goes were TRRR was why would they be demolishing blue lagoon and BB?

As far as I am aware, Blue Lagoon has not been demolished. It has not received approval nor has Gold Coast City Council received an application. Only the Big Brother Studios area has been demolished and that definitely had approval. Unless it is because they were initially planning to build a new amphitheatre and then cancelled it and then the Big Brother House got burned down so they just decided to demolish the Big Brother Studios anyway, the reversed twisted halfpipe might feature on that plot of land with the reverse launch section extending over the Dreamworld Express train line/shed?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

1 minute ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I do think the GCB is inaccurate in saying the Whitewater World expansion has commenced construction - there are no applications or works underway. Just the hole in the ground where the now cancelled/delayed lazy river was supposed to be.

Down next to Cave of Waves, they have started ground work on the new tower 

I reckon ol Lazy River site will be part of the next plan of Masterplan with Kevil/Trolls site addressed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

Down next to Cave of Waves, they have started ground work on the new tower 

Found a photo of it and yeah, definitely looks like them building the new slide tower but an application has not appeared yet online as far as I can tell so hopefully it just delayed in appearing (though the photo was taken 20 days ago and construction seemed to have started well before then)? Otherwise...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJKostya said:

Whilst this is a great announcement and well overdue i'm surprised that they went with another launched roller coaster, considering that ToTII, MCMC and Buzzsaw are all launched roller coasters

Wold you really classify Buzzsaw as a launch coaster though? I would have thought not........

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Well it seems to be in the Thunder River Rapids area like I expected though it's rotated 180 degrees (that is, instead of a south-north launch on the east side, it is a north-south launch on the west side).

As far as I am aware, Blue Lagoon has not been demolished. It has not received approval nor has Gold Coast City Council received an application. Only the Big Brother Studios area has been demolished and that definitely had approval. Unless it is because they were initially planning to build a new amphitheatre and then cancelled it and then the Big Brother House got burned down so they just decided to demolish the Big Brother Studios anyway, the reversed twisted halfpipe might feature on that plot of land with the reverse launch section extending over the Dreamworld Express train line/shed?

A new ampitheatre was originally intended to go in TRRR's site where the coaster is going now. I wouldn't be surprised if all of Blue Lagoon ends up being pulled down to fit the coaster. I do not think TRRR's site will be enough space to fit all the layout in.

As already said there is ground work being done near Cave of Waves which is where the new tower will be going. No supports or slide pieces on site for now but construction looks to be on track for a November/December 2019 finish and I wouldn't be shocked to learn DW is getting the ride ready for the busy summer season. Slides don't take particularly very long to build especially when compared to bigger stuff like coasters.

Edited by Baconjack

14 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, however the cart and track are certainly not staying the colour in the render.

That's good to know, was dissapointed when I seen the yellow as it matches to closey to The Hotwheels Sidewinder. Wonder what it's going to be?

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Where does it mention that?

Dreamworld mentioned it in the comments of a Facebook post. They also said they’re currently in the first stages of pre-construction and they’re releasing a video of the Coaster rendering in the coming days, which means we may get some details such as the name/theme and a rough opening date estimate (although I feel like they’d be hesitant after SV)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baconjack said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all of Blue Lagoon ends up being pulled down to fit the coaster. I do not think TRRR's site will be enough space to fit all the layout in.

I still think Blue Lagoon is unaffected. It does fit in the Thunder River Rapids' site though. Here is a to-scale layout map I've made:

image.thumb.png.d28b6c2599885ca6f530592ec18caffc.png

If it's wrong, it may need to be moved slightly towards the right and/or the twisted reverse halfpipe needs to be lengthened or redrawn. The show building seems to overlap the Dreamworld Express track/train shed regardless which may indicate not much theming or a lack of dark ride section. Does everyone think Dreamworld Express is unaffected?

What does everyone think about how I drew the twisted reverse halfpipe? How accurate did I get it? Does anyone think it will head into the Big Brother Studios area? If is doesn't, well it seems they demolished it because the Big Brother House was burned down and they may have already made plans for it's demolition from their now cancelled plan for a new amphitheatre where this coaster is being built.

This took me a while to get the Blue Fire layout in the position shown in the artist impressions with 100% accuracy so please don't criticize if it is slightly wrong.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
  • Like 3

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic