Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

You're a brainiac @AlexB.  

Have you ridden this model @Gazza?

If you have, what are your thoughts on it?

Yeah I've ridden Blue Fire, it's one of my favourites, very fast paced, the inversions have a bit of kick, particularly the corkscrews, and feels very well rounded, with an even mix of airtime hills, turns and inversions.

The real treat comes at the end with the barrel roll, it's not slow like the one on Green Lantern, it basically just belts through at full speed, crazy finale.

I loved the station music too:

• Like 4

image.png.6758d695ecffdc94c5d009b3bb7a9343.png

I've learned a lot of things in my life. One of them is that nothing is published by Parkz directly unless it's been verified.

If I were to speculate, i'd suggest some quietly leaked information or press releases, and clearly, judging by several responses here, its a pretty poorly kept secret...

• Like 1

What would you rather see featured on Dreamworlds model of Blue Fire as the last car or seats.

Backwards seating similar to Rivals 

or 

A spinning car 

So somehow the post has ended up here and I’ve inserted a poll...

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, themagician said:

That’ll be awesome and the perfect kind of ride for DW. I do hope it is themed to gold rush and it uses that land that had river rapids. Bring it on 

Why should it be themed to gold rush? That was just the name of one of the old areas in Dreamworld, but there's plenty of other themes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Why should it be themed to gold rush? That was just the name of one of the old areas in Dreamworld, but there's plenty of other themes.

As mentioned previously, my money is on Dreamworld axing the Gold Rush theme altogether when the masterplan takes effect. With the two core attractions of that area now gone, that area is virtually dead. Gold Rush gets a new theme with the Blue Fire clone's addition with Buzzsaw either being removed or rethemed. Not only that, but keeping Gold Rush could possibly conjure up memories of the TRRR disaster and DW want to move as far away from that as possible.

I could suggest integrating SV into the new area with an aviation theme. Theming the Blue Fire clone to WW2 era aviation would be a very unique and interesting concept in Australian theme parks if executed correctly. If they want to keep a general 1800s era theme, why not try one-up MW down the road and make it a Wild West area? Plenty of possibilities to give that area a new look.

@Gold Coast Amusement Force , rocky hollow is a different part of the park to Gold Rush. Log Ride and Giant Drop are part of that area.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarahscott said:

Hello lovely people, just curious how parkz know this when Dreamworld is yet to make an announcement? 

Thanks Sarah 

Found the Ardent Privacy Compliance Officer.

I jest...welcome Sarah. This forum is a fun place to be when big attractions are going in.

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

Spinning car?

Hard pass. I think DW will try to emulate MW's success with DC Rivals Backwards and do a backwards row on their own coaster. 

The war is back on? "Yeah it's like theirs, but our has MORE (or, actual) inversions!"

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic