Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

indeed. They only need a brake to create another block zone there if there is more than 2 trains.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, a block zone is a section of the ride that only one train may occupy. At the end of a block zone is a method to stop a train in case the block zone ahead is still occupied. This is the safety system that prevents roller coaster trains from colliding with one another. 

34 minutes ago, themagician said:

Is it a controlled free spin? Because how did they make it spin in that video?

I know that Mack rides does controlled free-spin on their extreme spinning model and their family spinner (Cobra’s Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa). I suppose it’s the same deal here 😎 

According to Mack themselves, there are eddy current brakes on their spinning trains that limit the spins to a bearable level, and I suppose motors are used (like on their family spinners) to align them for loading and unloading guests.

Honestly though, in the video it seems like it stops spinning in the way that things do when spun manually. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone just bloody gave it a push haha

https://mack-rides.com/products/rollercoaster/xtreme/

Edited by Gtmichaels

Hopefully we get some testing of the spin seats before end of this week. It would have been nice to have the 4 seat spin, however, due to being a paid extra it wouldn't make sense to have a half full spin car when only two people pay for the spinning seats. I plan on buying spin seat ticket for my first ever ride on ST. 

15 hours ago, themagician said:

Is it a controlled free spin? Because how did they make it spin in that video?

Not sure if you're joking or not (honest, I have no clue), but I did see them push the seat to make it spin. I was watching them play with it from drop yesterday.

Edited by Im Hungry

Ok can we please stop saying Zero Car?

A piece of decorative plastic stuck on the front of the train is NOT a Zero Car, its just a front cowling.

A zero car is the extra set of bogies/ wheel assemblies/ whatever you want to call them that finish off the train on a coaster that has single axel cars. Either at the front, or at the back. Without a Zero Car attached the train can't run because the end car would be dragging along the floor.

So they added a piece of decorative plastic to the train is what they did. 

Looks like a zero car to me.   Maybe you haven't seen a good angle of the front @rappa

zero.thumb.JPG.f2037ce47856857f46a80f29e3d8c143.JPG

25 minutes ago, rappa said:

A zero car is the extra set of bogies/ wheel assemblies/ whatever you want to call them that finish off the train on a coaster that has single axel cars. Either at the front, or at the back. Without a Zero Car attached the train can't run because the end car would be dragging along the floor.

Edited by New display name

On 01/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, New display name said:

Looks like a zero car to me.   Maybe you haven't seen a good angle of the front @rappa

zero.thumb.JPG.f2037ce47856857f46a80f29e3d8c143.JPG

Yes it is, and as you can see it was attached all along. 
So there was no recent addition of a Zero Car.