Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

Well a video is up, a full POV (sorry to steal your thunder here Slick). No surprises here, but this confirms it be going in TRRR and Eureka's spot and not where the Ampitheatre is being pulled down. It will be right next door to Buzzsaw.

Something interesting I observed is that Hot Wheels is nowhere to be seen in the render, yet nearby rides in Ocean Parade like Claw can be spotted. Could it be end of the road for that coaster, facing the axe before TOT?

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Something interesting I observed is that Hot Wheels is nowhere to be seen in the render, yet nearby rides in Ocean Parade like Claw can be spotted. Could it be end of the road for that coaster, facing the axe before TOT?

The video is only an indicative render but I have this slight concern that the theming of that coaster could be shifting. It was themed to HotWheels in 2014. If the license was only 5 years, it will expire in November. At least the video confirms Dreamworld Express is unaffected & the Big Brother Studios area is barely used for the twisted reverse halfpipe. And it is highly likely now, in my opinion, that there will be no dark ride section though I hope the wider area is themed well. Rocks doesn't look enough so far.

Here is an updated to-scale layout map:

image.thumb.png.2c6afe64b989d54561fc81672660d47f.png

For some reason, there is a lot of space between the launch track & Buzzsaw compared to the video. Other than that, it is mostly accurate.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

1 minute ago, Aw hype said:

It almost seems like they chose that location to make the park seem smaller and less open. I figure they are keeping the gold rush theme as yellow sorta does indicate so. To the GP it will be like a 2020 HWSW minus the concussions. I guess BIG 9 is a thing again too

Again, as said, the yellow track is only an indicative render. It is subject to change , DW have stated this themselves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Just so you know, DW has confirmed that coaster is still in place.

On 23/08/2019 at 10:11 AM, Tim Dasco said:

A09806E8-400F-4FB9-8F6A-E91FBAAA8144.thumb.jpeg.4d63cc0e8d4d49c7e2c65ee23f0d29a7.jpeg

Just wondering, why the hot air balloon?

This is definitely the right direction Dreamworld should have implemented a year or 2 ago. The ‘Family’ direction they were trying to go down was always a long shot, almost like they wanted to be Australia’s version of Disney or something. What they needed is a big NEW draw card, and I definitely think this coaster is going to be that. 

Just a question for everyone (especially those who have ridden the BF Model). Do you think the triple launch is going to be worth it or do you think they should have just stuck with the traditional launch on this model? Not sure if capacity will be a tiny bit lower than a standard model as there will need to be a transfer track + time it takes for the train to go forward/back/forward. 

34 minutes ago, themagician said:

Construction fencing has appeared this morning across the area where the bus stop is (outside BuzzSaw), maybe we will already start seeing parts arrive. And considering they never released an opening time frame, could it be possible it opens for the Easter holidays?

Possibly, but I think it’s just for the Buzzsaw annual maintenance, they block off that area every year while Buzzsaw is down for maintenance.

5 hours ago, themagician said:

Construction fencing has appeared this morning across the area where the bus stop is (outside BuzzSaw), maybe we will already start seeing parts arrive. And considering they never released an opening time frame, could it be possible it opens for the Easter holidays?

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that construction would begin Q1 next year.

Why are people getting confused with dates?

Q1 FY20 is July-Sept 2019. That’s means they expect to start ground work in the next 5-6 weeks. 

If you are using Blue Fire’s 9 months as a reference to construction, then that means a June/July 2020 launch. Winter launches are somewhat weird though as it’s not peak. I would say Sept 2020 is a more likely timeframe 

• Like 3

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic