Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

A few things worth considering:

1. Rivals had a (planned) delay of several months between foundations being laid and track showing up. 
  2. Like Rivals which started preliminary groundwork in late August, that's already happening at Dreamworld.
  3. Reports out of Germany suggest track is already being fabricated. So don't necessarily expect a delay between foundations and vertical construction this time.
  • Like 2

Looking at those satellite images, it also confirms another part (Toboggan tower was demolished relatively quickly) of Blue Lagoon was demolished finally (though still sad as it was a wonderfully themed area compared to Whitewater World) - mainly some of the souvenir, food & beverage shops &/or amenities. (I can't remember which building had what).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

2 hours ago, Richard said:

A few things worth considering:

1. Rivals had a (planned) delay of several months between foundations being laid and track showing up. 
  2. Like Rivals which started preliminary groundwork in late August, that's already happening at Dreamworld.
  3. Reports out of Germany suggest track is already being fabricated. So don't necessarily expect a delay between foundations and vertical construction this time.

You would expect better soil conditions at Dreamworld which would make construction easier too. 

25 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Curious to see as to how much DreamWorld will be charging for this seat, or if they will charge at all. 

Honestly, it's a no-brainer. Imagine if the backwards row had no charge on Rivals... currently people pay for a wristband, and essentially walk on (albeit, probably a couple of cycles). If the row was free, offered a different experience, and had limited capacity, the queue would blow out.

It would be like offering Flowrider free of charge. It'd get a queue the minute it opened, and they'd be turning people away all day.

This was discussed to death for Rivals (i'm sure there's a thread on it somewhere), and i'm 100% dreamworld will be charging for it (Although, in usual 'give away the gate' fashion, I fully expect everyone who renews their pass to get one free ride or something)

I wonder what would happen if back row was free and rather than buying a back row wristband, you bought a 1 time use fast pass, choosing which seat you wanted. They could then let on more than 2 paid riders per train if they wanted, and also fill every train no matter what. Although queue logistics would suffer.

On that, the spinning row has 4 seats so assuming they sell at the same rate as Movieworld, they could be set to make double from it, but the general queue suffers with the loss of 2 extra seats.

I'm fine with the bonus row but would prefer if the train was left alone and they added a whole extra section at the back, although that would involve further design and engineering changing the weight and length dynamics.

Just on that the bloke from MACK needs to stop saying 'Free spinning'.

We're also assuming that this ride gets them back to an attendance level where queues and capacity are a problem. I don't think it will. I think attendance will be noticeably up, but it alone won't get them to preaccident levels. Between that and the fact the spinning car has 4 seats, it should end up being a lot cheaper than backwards Rivals.

• Like 2

I am excited for the triple launch but I think it being add on to existing model will be a let down and here is why.

Blue fire uses the whole launch to get to it's desired speed of first turn, and this is the same length of track that DW coaster is using.  However because it's doing a triple launch it won't accelerator the whole way as it needs to reverse.  (Even see the launch track on the video they don't go whole way).    So the launch will be somewhat slow and then coast down the length before reverse.   Then do same back before final launch to speed BF runs to make the hill.    

The small amount of LSM launch track could give underwhelming launch fitting to an existing design that uses LSM the whole length.    Hope I'm wrong.

I'd also prefer a half loop design rather than the corkscrew.    The hang time at the back would be awesome and make more exciting.  But that's just my opinion.

Also the mid track brake run.  Being Australia will probably only get 2 trains I'd prefer to see an element in here.  

Also the first hill will look cool above SV when viewing from main Street.

Edit- just noted alot of my points were stated in the parkz main post. Great minds something something...

Edited by Inverted
Addition info
  • Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic