Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

4 hours ago, pushbutton said:

20190830_093759.jpg

In my opinion, that's not the best worded fence signage. 'Buzzsaw is currently under maintenance. More Dreamworld happiness is just around the corner'?

If Buzzsaw under maintenance is their idea of 'Dreamworld happiness', I wouldn't want to pay for a ticket just around the corner either.

😋

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I think its more of a case of 'you can't ride this, but around the corner are other things you can'

That is how I read it but it is still not the best wording.

10 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I read it as "New fun attractions are coming soon"

Never thought of it like that but it could be what they meant though it still needs better wording. It could even be implying when maintenance is done, there will be "More Dreamworld happiness" but again, it is still not the best wording.

• Like 1

Indeed it's not. The fact we came up with several interpretations proves that.

Unless it's Ardents new way to avoid future "ambitious" annoucements (by just not actually announcing anything and being very ambiguous instead)!

Had they had this policy a year ago, the announcement that "Sky Voyager will open on Boxing Day" might have been something like "You can't watch a Dreamworks cartoon in the cinema, but your time to fly may be festive"

Edited by pushbutton

• 2 months later...

This latest concept art for the coaster shown at the AGM reveals a few minor details about the area around the ride

F2C57739-3AED-4B7E-BA63-59531324CD1E.thumb.jpeg.65c49cb0020d433909f285ef801deed3.jpeg

The coasters entrance/exit will be accessed from the path that leads towards the old Big Brother photo building (or whatever it was used for). I wonder if that building will be demolished?

The path to the BuzzSaw will have a viewing platform on it and will still be a dead end within the park 

I know this is only concept art, but I do hope they theme the station building to match the BuzzSaw’s (if they are wanting to keep the theme for this area of the park). I was also hoping for a pathway to link BS and GD (like there used to be) to allow for better flow through this area of the park. Obviously some form of netting or roof would be needed over the path for safety reasons.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, themagician said:

The path to the BuzzSaw will have a viewing platform on it and will still be a dead end within the park 

Continuing on from this comment, I was just watching the concept video and you can see a path cutting through the site from BS to GD is there (Right side of images). So either they have changed their minds (which I hope they haven't) or they just didn't add it in to the concept art

2087535344_ScreenShot2019-11-25at8_37_56am.thumb.png.60cb7428f6f06243695e57330ad80933.png

501920204_ScreenShot2019-11-25at8_38_05am.thumb.png.546c1c25386379f943cf13f3417d18e7.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dano46610 said:

Does anyone know if this coaster is definitely going to be yellow? 

I also hope that the launch section will be inside similar to blue fire but instead themed to Gold Rush if they going for this yellow colour scheme. 

It’s going to be the browny/orange as shown in the images above that got realised a few weeks ago.

Edited by Tim Dasco

• 3 months later...

Wow that looks amazing. Hopefully this is a good sign that the project is still on and hasn’t been canceled or postponed for to long. The landscaping here definitely makes it look much cooler I really hope that they don’t skip out on it and the rock work as well as I think that it will make a huge difference in the experience and make it so much better. It’ll also be pretty cool if they do go ahead with the pathways under the coaster as it will give some amazing views.

18 minutes ago, dbo121 said:

Postponed indefinitely...Be thankful to get a coaster before wishing for landscaping !

I know that I’m talking about when it does open I would rather them wait a bit and include it rather then open without. I think it’s definitely going to happen it’s just a matter of when otherwise why would they update the concept art. 

• Like 1

Here is my opinion on what may/should happen it’s not based on any evidence and I don’t know to much about how the the contracts and stuff work so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I think that dreamworld has obviously put in quite a bit of money (At least deposit possibly quite a bit more) into the coaster already and from looking at other Mack coaster timelines and from what I’ve heard from here I believe that most if not all of the track and supports have already been manufactured in Germany and parts of the coaster may have already been shipped out to here. So at this point in time I think it would be a major loss for both dreamworld and Mack to cancel or postpone the attraction for too long. So I believe that if any parts or track have been shipped out they will still arrive at dreamworld and be stored and what hasn’t will be kept at the factory until everything starts to open back up again or payments resume whatever they agree on. Payment wise I think from memory that DCR was on a lease so I don’t see why Mack and Ardent couldn’t figure something out especially considering the current situation. Again I think it’ll be a loss for Mack and dreamworld if this was to get canceled so I think that they will do as much as the can for the coaster to go through ASAP.

• Like 2

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic