Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Why are journalists allowed to go and stand out in public places, and shove microphones into the faces of every tom, @Richard and harry?

They cover it for the masses.

I for one would like to thank the Jdude Media Network for bringing us this breaking news story.

You're welcome. My next big story will be when I get to the bottom of whether the fencing people contracted covid or not

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Geez Skeet. Calm down buddy. Who’s to say the photos were even taken outside of the car? I thank our overlord JDude for getting these pics as he was passing by. I was going to drop in on the way home from essential work to take a look, but now I don’t have to. 

Don't mention skeet, you will wake him up from his afternoon nap. 😂😅 Lets try and stay on topic. @T-bone what part of the rollercoaster fits with the supports in the car park.

2 minutes ago, Jakev8 said:

I think old skeet's a bit upset he wasn't the one to snap photo's of the supports first and the get the 23 likes.

You can't be having a go at someone for taking a photo at a very very empty car park...

I know right- its the exact thing that social distancing is trying to promote!! If the carpark was full, then his posts would have some validity......but as it stands its nothing more than a rant.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Geez Skeet. Calm down buddy. Who’s to say the photos were even taken outside of the car? to. 

Ok dad.

It's obvious the photo's where taken out of the car.

10 minutes ago, Jakev8 said:

I think old skeet's a bit upset he wasn't the one to snap photo's of the supports first and the get the 23 likes.

You can't be having a go at someone for taking a photo at a very very empty car park...

Here's a photo for you.

9d7003f91bae4c59c12140a2e1910408.gif.2d5972dcf86c68fa4dd9e7fd6252f456.gif

Sorry it's a gif .   I haven't posted a photo of any park for years.  

I wasn't having a go at @Jdude95 for being in a place all by himself.  I called him out on non essential travel.

7 minutes ago, Jobe said:

I know right- its the exact thing that social distancing is trying to promote!! If the carpark was full, then his posts would have some validity......but as it stands its nothing more than a rant.

Wrong.  Non essential travel is also being promoted and that's why you can't just go for a drive.

4 minutes ago, webslave said:

I think in time ol' Skeet is going to feel a little lonely out on that limb...

Skeet has always been a lone wolf and I'm fine with standing my ground.

9 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

9d7003f91bae4c59c12140a2e1910408.gif.2d5972dcf86c68fa4dd9e7fd6252f456.gif

I must admit, I lol'd. thats a good one.

So, had a couple hours to think about it all, and then read Skeet's latest, and here's where i'm at.

I don't consider lego to be essential. But - as we've all seen from Hogwart's Castle, its a great way to keep occupied and while away the boredom at home. So, the lego store gets to stay open through the 'ScoMo Puzzle LoopHole'. So 'essential' isn't necessarily the definition many of us would give it, because we wouldn't regard some things as essential, and we probably need to look at a 'looser' definition (especially since anyone with employment is currently considered to be 'essential' that definition is getting pretty loose).

I stand by my earlier opinion, that a few facebook theme park news sites (ooooh.... online journalists!) taking a minor detour to take a few pictures in an empty carpark doesn't cause any harm, and in fact reduces the risk of others descending onto the park en-masse, because it satiates the thirst we have for content in this theme park vacuum.

Theme Park YouTube channels around the world are literally uploading videos recorded outside the park gates of many large parks around the world that don't have the first appearance of a new coaster parked up in the carpark. If these couple of guys' photos stop every other guy from going down, i'm all for it, and I reckon if they were polite, quick, discreet, and not causing a nuisance, I think QPS would probably buy the online journo bit and wave them on.

As you say though mate, opinions are like arseholes.

And I do hope Mrs Skeet stays safe through all of this.

• Like 5

What I said has nothing to do with my opinions.   If I went by my opinion, I would have taken the boat out on the weekend and done some wakeboarding.  Unless the fish have it what chance would I have catching it, launching my boat from a private boat ramp?  Do I think hairdresser should be open while I can't get my bum waxed? No!   A lot of the rules are strange and contradict each other but go to work and go home is a very simple rule to follow.  Do you not think that somebody bending the rules to take photos isn’t bending the rules in other areas when it suits them? 

20 minutes ago, webslave said:

I guess what we don't see is what part of the rules require you to be the one enforcing them, Skeet.

I'm not inforcing them.  I've only told him what I think of his rule bending.  I don't care what he does with what I said but I'm not going to give him likes for being selfish and putting himself before others.

11 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I live in Logan and work on the Gold Coast and go past Dreamworld on the way home.

Exercise is also a permitted activity.

Am I in the clear if I park my car on the way home and go for a walk around Coomera?

NEGATIVE.  You are to exercise in your own suburb.  But come Saturday you can drive to DW as much as you want to look at the coaster that might never be built.  (In Australia)

Edited by Skeeta

2 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

NEGATIVE.  You are to exercise in your own suburb.  But come Saturday you can drive to DW as much as you want to look at the coaster that might never be built.  (In Australia)

I think if there were no plans for construction to start soon or close to when the park opens they wouldn’t be unloading the things they needs for footings separately from the columns, much closer to the site let alone in carpark spaces so close to the main entrance. I assume if it wasn’t starting soon they would have kept everything all together backstage.

• Like 1

So what, when are you telling me, when I go for a walk during my lunch break because I work in Coomera, I still can’t visit or go to the LEGO store?

I appreciate what you are saying, but I think you are being a little tough on our man Jdude. By reasoning, he hasn’t done anything wrong in the slightest. Heck he may have parked his car, turned the ignition off, opened his window, snapped a photo and then moved the car, all whilst he stopped into the LEGO store to buy a puzzle on the way home from his shift on the Gold Coast. Better be pick it up on the way home than go home, and go back out to the LEGO store. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

I think if there were no plans for construction to start soon or close to when the park opens they wouldn’t be unloading the things they needs for footings separately from the columns, much closer to the site let alone in carpark spaces so close to the main entrance. I assume if it wasn’t starting soon they would have kept everything all together backstage.

The containers aren’t owned by MAck or Dreamworld, once the coaster arrives they have to be unloaded unless the park wants to spend money on hiring the containers. The best place and safest place to store the massive items (track and supports) would be the carpark as it’s flat and clean. The smaller and lighter objects you would want to be more secured (being stored inside the parks footprint) cod you don’t want people damaging or stealing your bolts, while it’s sit there for potentially months. 

Not that it matters but sir Skeet says you can go for a walk and take photos if you are in Coomera for work.  Gazza can also exercise in the same suburb of his work as long as he is already in the suburb for work.  What you can't do is make stops between suburbs you are allowed to be in.  This is to reduce your footprint.

Jdude didn't do any of the things you are suggesting.  

As the man Tate says "We love your money but the Gold Coast is closed.  Don't come to our shops.  Don't come to our beaches."  

25 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

I agree with @Tim Dasco and remember DW at some point is going to require some Mack workers in the country.   It's anybodies guess when that could be possible.

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic