Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

7 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

The containers aren’t owned by MAck or Dreamworld, once the coaster arrives they have to be unloaded unless the park wants to spend money on hiring the containers. The best place and safest place to store the massive items (track and supports) would be the carpark as it’s flat and clean. The smaller and lighter objects you would want to be more secured (being stored inside the parks footprint) cod you don’t want people damaging or stealing your bolts, while it’s sit there for potentially months. 

Yeah I get what you mean and your absolutely right sure but aren't there multiple empty concrete pads right behind and around the construction site such as the former amphitheater, the spots were things have been filled in/demolished around the blue lagoon area and correct if I’m wrong but i’m pretty sure there is a large gravel carpark back there.

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

The large gravel car park is not owned by DW

Oh ok I didn’t know that I thought it was owned by them.

6 hours ago, TomiJ said:

So........... what part of the rollercoaster fits with these supports??

So after looking at the the supports in @Jdude95 photos and the concept art I think that these pieces start to make up the spike.

D5854F1D-5D15-459F-B4F0-8DAD0F9D25AF.thumb.jpeg.de885c8cdd538e5d2d59244ae90cdd79.jpeg10E8409F-2B6A-4A17-9EE3-FF6F4C8AD5E5.thumb.jpeg.b068a63de729f746f13a7e93c28ad543.jpeg

Edited by Mc coaster
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

@Mc coaster Doesn't the support you have circled look like every other support?

I thought it could be that one because when I looked at the graphics it was the only piece that connected to the track flat but I just looked at another one from a different angle and it’s the same as the supports so I’m probably wrong. 

2 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

Haha I mean’t the way it connects to the track.

Start with the tag and see if you can work out what the column number is.

Track.thumb.JPG.8d62bfce82e45a7d8efc425eeeec5bfb.JPG

I'll give you a start because I'm a nice guy.

Rivals first column is K001 and it's the column directly in the middle of the station.   The column count runs in the same direction as the train. The last column that ends in the Rivals station is numbered K193

The columns in the maintenance bay are MT01 and so on.

The transfer track column are TS1 and so on.

6 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Start with the tag and see if you can work out what the column number is.

Track.thumb.JPG.8d62bfce82e45a7d8efc425eeeec5bfb.JPG

I'll give you a start because I'm a nice guy.

Rivals first column is K001 and it's the column directly in the middle of the station.   The column count runs in the same direction as the train. The last column that ends in the Rivals station is numbered K193

The columns in the maintenance bay are MT01 and so on.

The transfer track column are TS1 and so on.

Haha thanks for the hospitality. 😂
For real though thanks for sharing that @Skeeta I had no idea how it worked. That’s are really good way of organise things (duh). Also when you say DCR had 193 k sections do you mean full supports or support pieces.

Edited by Mc coaster

12 hours ago, TomiJ said:

I thought you said you were an asshole hahhaha 😂🤣.

He is both an asshole, and a nice guy.

11 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

Haha thanks for the hospitality

this isn't new information though - This info was also shared (probably by Skeet) back during Rivals construction too. He's just one of the few who retained it... ;)

15 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

Also when you say DCR had 193 k sections do you mean full supports or support pieces.

Rivals has 193 columns on the main track  (K001-K193).  16 columns for maintenance (MT01-MT16) .  I think it was around 7 for the transfer track (TS1-TS10).  The lift hill has its own column count, can't remember but around 10 (LB1-LB10). 

But to answer your question one column can be made from many pieces. 

Parkz has hundreds if not thousands of photos of Rivals construction where you can see how it went together.

7eb10937cce986993dbaba8875065e6a.thumb.jpg.2e687159ed8992490e4850e5d8d82874.jpg

(It wouldn't surprise me if Rivals construction was the most documented ride by a community ever.)

And if you have nothing to do during the lock down.  Read all 193 pages of this.

Some of the best reading to be had and all your favourite Parkz members make an appearance.

Edited by Skeeta
Skeeta can't spell.
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Read all 193 pages of this.

When you get to the colour debate portion, feel free to skip forward a few dozen pages.

TL:DR - the uneducated masses will refer to it as 'fuschia' because thats what was told in a live stream, and the technical pedants will reassure you that the real colour is RAL4006 Traffic Purple. google it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexB said:

When you get to the colour debate portion, feel free to skip forward a few dozen pages.

TL:DR - the uneducated masses will refer to it as 'fuschia' because thats what was told in a live stream, and the technical pedants will reassure you that the real colour is RAL4006 Traffic Purple. google it.

The colouring in is the only part I understood.

I have skimmed through a couple time but haven’t got a chance to read through the whole thing property. I started following on here part way through construction of rivals I was new to all this and I was much younger and probably didn’t understand much of what I was read. But I’ll take you suggestion and go back for a read.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Some of the best content ever discussed on these forums 

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Parkz has hundreds if not thousands of photos of Rivals construction where you can see how it went together

It’s basically a dummy’s guide for how to build a roller coaster 

• Like 1

Some members in that thread were sitting on a chunk of inside info that they couldn't share until it had been done elsewhere/officially.

I expect that to be the case with this one as well.

This coaster will be harder for construction pics to be taken. At MW we just poked the cameras through the fence. This ride isn't that accessible unless you're there during opening hours. The western side of GD will have a commanding view.

At least the POV is out, so us stitching the layout together like DCR isn't required. I expect photos of track pieces (if stored in the carpark and not at Blue Lagoon) to be dissected. 

7 minutes ago, Whombex said:

This coaster will be harder for construction pics to be taken. At MW we just poked the cameras through the fence. This ride isn't that accessible unless you're there during opening hours.

@themagician has no problem getting us the inside photos because he has a really big camera.

09ebc2b41ef5bf9702455ff56dfbbad0.thumb.jpg.0c076b5bf7786e1c89e2c3cbbfb1efd7.jpg

Edited by Skeeta

lol. I love that the creator of that actually went to the effort of changing the focal length on the lens.

But, the AF-S Dx 18-55 was such a disgusting lens. Seriously, anyone who purchases Nikon should be shot, but before you shoot them, they should use that lens for batting practice.. eww.

17 minutes ago, AlexB said:

lol. I love that the creator of that actually went to the effort of changing the focal length on the lens.

But, the AF-S Dx 18-55 was such a disgusting lens. Seriously, anyone who purchases Nikon should be shot, but before you shoot them, they should use that lens for batting practice.. eww.

I'll leave camera talk to the sexperts.  All I know is he told me he had a big one.

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic