Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

marketing and PR understand that there's little merit in spruiking it while they're closed as it isn't going to do anything to increase profits, and only results in increased marketing expenditure with little return likely to be generated from it.

See my head says you are correct, but then DW rolls out Exhibit A - SkyVoyager and I realise their marketing and PR department don’t even talk with operations or have any clue what they are doing. 

I'm pretty sure the raw coaster track and seat supports shown in this video is for Dreamworld's new coaster.

A really great documentary detailing the coaster manufacturing/fabrication process at Mack rides in Germany. There is also some great discussion about the history of the Mack family, and the evolution of Mack rides and Europa Park. Plus they show off that cool "rocking boat" prototype water ride.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, gavinfulikes said:

Shouldn’t these supports update be part of the Dreamworld’s new coaster timeline forum?

Shouldn't you be a moderator of the forum to give a shit?

This thread is older, and is titled 'new roller coaster for dreamworld' which, of course, is what these supports are, whereas the thread you link to was created more recently, and relates to the timeline for the coaster?

Are supports related to a timeline?

Are you a moderator?

Does anyone actually care at this point besides those who get upset by megathreads?

Shouldn't you have created a new thread to talk about something off topic?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

I wont risk anyones family by taking photos though

Thank you for being safe and staying home during this time of great uncertainty. I can't stress how important it is not to visit practically empty car parks with no one in sight. You have done a great service to the Australian pubic and coaster enthusiasts around the world. My hat goes off to you kind sir. 

Edited by TomiJ

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Nobody can get close enough to The empty carpark to know for sure.

legend has it that skeet and his family will be the only ones to ever see them though...

At least Skeet will get to ride it.  Legend has it you're so fat all the power in the world couldn't launch you over the first hill.

Edited by Skeeta

2 hours ago, A.H said:

Does anyone know how many trains Dreamworld is ordering for this coaster?

2 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I mean, you'd have to imagine there's going to be at least 3? No point for a MCBR if there isn't at least 3. 

Blue Fire (the original) was designed with the MCBR in mind as part of its many block sections so it could operate with 5 trains to handle the crowds Europa Park gets (this is the 2nd most attended park in Europe after Disney, mind you). To my knowledge its clones dont operate anywhere near as many trains, the ones in China all operate with 2 trains and the one in Dubai operates with 3.

My brain tells me that 2 trains will be ordered, the same amount as what Village ordered with DCR.

It should be enough capacity for DW to get through crowds in peak summer period. It'll be a people eater for a signature ride especially when compared to the piss poor capacity TOT had. I recall reading somewhere a while back about when DW was discussing the spinning cars, it was said they were ordering 2 trains for this ride, something that seems to be confirmed by a search on the coaster's RCDB page.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

Considering that the parks probably won’t reopen until Stage 3 of the covid 19 road map it’s safe to say that the new roller coaster won’t open until mid to late 2021

I’ve never seen sections of track arrive on site 18 months in advance for any previous installations at our parks. 

the delay in park opening won’t have a major bearing on the construction timeline, as construction can and will go ahead even with the park closed. 

5 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

Considering that the parks probably won’t reopen until Stage 3 of the covid 19 road map it’s safe to say that the new roller coaster won’t open until mid to late 2021

Stage 3 only allows for 100 people within one location, so unless a compromise for theme parks is made, they won’t reopen until stage 4 or 5 (which haven’t been discussed yet).

We may seem some delays, but they said earlier this year that parts would begin arriving in May, and they have, so it seems to be on track. It may not be open by Summer, but I’d expect by Easter 2021

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, themagician said:

Stage 3 only allows for 100 people within one location, so unless a compromise for theme parks is made, they won’t reopen until stage 4 or 5 (which haven’t been discussed yet).

We may seem some delays, but they said earlier this year that parts would begin arriving in May, and they have, so it seems to be on track. It may not be open by Summer, but I’d expect by Easter 2021

Ya that makes much more sense

30 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I’ve never seen sections of track arrive on site 18 months in advance for any previous installations at our parks. 

the delay in park opening won’t have a major bearing on the construction timeline, as construction can and will go ahead even with the park closed. 

I've never seen it either, but how many coasters have you seen arrive during a pandemic that put the entire country into travel restrictions and lockdown?

Right - none. So you can forget standing on precedent, because, as every public official from the town hall janitor to the PM himself will (and has) told us all - "we are in unprecedented times."

I have, on the other hand, seen coaster parts arrive at parks overseas, and never be built.

So this is a first, and with firsts, come things out of the ordinary - like parts arriving, but not immediately being constructed, because while some construction is continuing right now, other work isn't. And even if construction companies are allowed to (and want to) work, the fact remains that it also required Dreamworld to be able to pay the workers - which may be in the air given they all put their projects on hold a while back.

9 minutes ago, Gazza said:

The challenge may be getting Mack staff over to do the comissioning.

We've seen many businesses come up with really clever ways around the status quo. things that used to be done face to face and in person because they couldn't possibly be done any other way are suddenly being done other ways out of necessity.

Mack are a really inventive bunch and while it may not be necessary, if it were to become necessary, i'm sure they could figure out a way to commission their rides remotely or by proxy if they had to.

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic