Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I’ve never seen sections of track arrive on site 18 months in advance for any previous installations at our parks. 

the delay in park opening won’t have a major bearing on the construction timeline, as construction can and will go ahead even with the park closed. 

The thing is both Ardent Leisure and Village Roadshow have halted all capital expenditure. With that halted we might see stuff arrive. But construction most likely won’t start for a while.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

The thing is both Ardent Leisure and Village Roadshow have halted all capital expenditure. With that halted we might see stuff arrive. But construction most likely won’t start for a while.

That is true, depends if there was a down payment made/how much to the whoever won the tender prior to covid closures 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gazza said:

I think it would be impossible.

What manufacturer is going to want to sign off a ride where the customer has commissioned and tested it themselves.

Would Worksafe issue a certificate if that was the process?

I think they're gonna have to wait, but happy to hear suggestions on how the process might work.

You just said it would be hard! Now you're saying impossible!

I'm not suggesting the customer commissions the ride themselves, i'm suggesting locals with presumably similar complex plant and machinery commissioning experience may be able to perform certain tasks under direction and\or in collaboration with Mack teams remotely.

21 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Pretty sure I already said that.

Due to capital expenditure being on hold and no construction timeline in place, more parts already in transit will arrive, but the rest of the track will be staying in Germany for the time being with no plans at the moment to ship the remainder EDIT *until construction ready to proceed. *

Edited by aussienetman

Seems strange they would halt the deliveries from Germany.. they may as well just receive it all and have it on site ready for when they can start. With a roughly 30 day sea voyager, plus port time etc, to me it’s weird that you’d leave half your build on the other side of the planet if you’ve paid for it. 

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic