Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

2 hours ago, Hummel Bruhmell said:

the mcbr is not removable and it can and most likely will have 3 trains not 2 heck it might even have 4 trains

the 'mid course brake run' doesn't have to be removed, if it's never installed in the first place....

Heck, if you check the blue fire model group in RCDB (https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=12376)

You'll see that most of the models shown only have 2 trains. Only the megacoaster has more than 3.

• Like 2

I think the fact that no park in Australia has ever bought more than 2 trains and the park that isn’t broke down the road still only bought 2 for rivals indicates that it will only have 2 trains. 

I expect they’ll run 2 trains for the first two weeks it’s open and then about 5 days a year after that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

I expect they’ll run 2 trains for the first two weeks it’s open and then about 5 days a year after that. 

Considering it was reported on here that MDMC ran 2 trains for most if not all of the summer holidays I doubt this. Superman went the whole of Summer with only 1 train, likewise with Jet Rescue.

5 minutes ago, joz said:

That's a really strange ending to the post. It comes across as you saw the comment that it'll probably run 1 train as a DW V Village thing?

I realised I miss read the statement upon further reading.

But I do hope we see now with Greg being at Dreamworld it running 2 trains in at least the summer holidays being what will be the parks most popular ride (along with SV)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Mean minimal disruption to day to day operation means they can freely move around the worksite.

Site access isn't blocked during opening hours - all of the old goldrush, studios, blue lagoon and any other access point is freely accessible when the park is open, provided the train is either closed or incorporated into the construction crossovers. Crossing pieces over the driveway only needs a lollipop man for the time it takes the crane to cross over.

What we need to look at is the fact that the pieces continue to arrive, and be unloaded, but seemingly without any groundworks taking place. I've not seen anyone post photos of groundwork machinery, footerings or collars being moved about... and if they're not doing that... then the assumed 'storage until later' plan appears to be correct...

TLDR: whether the park is open or closed, construction wouldn't really be impacted.

Edited by AlexB

True. We have not seen any construction equipment arrive. But if it did arrive they could have done of an evening by change. As you stated @AlexB that whole area is essential closed. So no major disruptions would occur. Maybe with all this track arriving, we might see earth moving equipment and the likes turn up by the weekend.

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic