Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

Multiple people around the theme park/construction industry have all said the same thing that the ride is still over there till they have funds. 
Then the park goes on record to say 60 are still to come. 
It’s not really a stretch. Especially when you factor shipping is a mess right now 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

Is that the only source of this? your friend told you? no screenshots or anything like that? so we're telling Jay Jay - who also heard it from a friend of reliable repute that he's wrong, based on your friend of reliable repute. 

I'm still on the fence. Neither has been proven right or wrong.

Mate, I have the email. I literally have nothing to gain here by sharing the info, I was just passing on information that was sent to all staff. I didnt say anything about the % of track which was on its way. Im losing sleep over here that you're not believing me. 

Edit to add : the email is from late May. We are now 4th of June. I dont know who the other sources are and honestly cbf caring for internet points. If capital expenditure has been approved to start again since the email and the other sources comments, then I guess Germany are packing a nice little cargoload as we speak and a great voyage is taking place across the majestic seas. 

Edited by aussienetman
  • Like 1

No need to get your knickers in a twist. I've asked at least twice just for some sort of confirmation. You're asking us to take you at your word. That's fine. But so is Jay Jay. I've heard what Jay Jay is saying elsewhere too, and Rappa has heard what you're saying elsewhere.

So i'm well within reasonable to be hedging bets on which story is correct - as there is nothing i've seen official from a park source or otherwise that confirms it one way or the other.

You don't need to get cut up that someone on the internet doubts you

6 minutes ago, gavinfulikes said:

Dreamworld has released a new POV of the new coaster. 

That ride looks awesome like with the front looking much better with the snake head. and I love some of the elements Like the head chopper under the bridge. I think this the investment dreamworld has needed for the past few years now with mediocre experiences like the trolls village and the hot wheels rebrand of cyclone

Edited by Smol bean
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

No, that was just a ride.. 

Trolls Village was the most immersive area within Dreamworks despite being a temporary attraction, which in itself represents that it was well executed. 

I understand what you’re getting at and I respect your opinion. But Like the main ride if you could even call it that was a cheap carnival ride coated with trolls theming. And in my opinion the only good part of the whole place was the statues they looked pretty high quality for dreamworld. Well i guess it looked high quality because universals quality control

Edited by Smol bean
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

I understand what you’re getting at and I respect your opinion. But Like the main ride if you could even call it that was a cheap carnival ride coated with trolls theming. And in my opinion the only good part of the whole place was the statues they looked pretty high quality for dreamworld. Well i guess it looked high quality because universals quality control

You got to remember that Trolls is targeting a very much younger demographic (4-8 year olds) than you, and never was going to attract teens and adults like most of the demographic on this forum unless they have kids on their own. 5-8yr old me would probably be going insane with what they had to offer being able to dress up as a troll, making your own cupcakes, a shop, shows and the funhouse and meet Poppy and Branch. 

While I have no interest in the Trolls property, but with what all four parties (Sudden Impact Entertainment, DW, Dreamworks and Universal) came up with, it was definitely more than anyone could have asked on, just quite unfortunate it's stay at the park wasn't long enough.

Edited by Jay Jay The Jet Plane
  • Like 2

It is great to get an updated POV. But if you're going to realise another one, why not announce the rides name and/or logo too?

A cool moment that I didn't notice before was the track goes over the train tracks. I'd love to be on the train as its launching

77262461_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_50_18pm.thumb.png.a84c6d32736660f7c8b3a5acc5715666.png

We only see two trains in this footage, so as we had already assumed, they will probably just be the two

1442925741_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_51_33pm.thumb.png.aad372c16233f0b6ff3e99665c5ee66f.png

Nice open viewing area and walkway through the track

1487866105_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_52_47pm.thumb.png.659314c9920d49038d40c88f68e44323.png

I do hope we see this much rock work across the site to add to the landscaping

553765136_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_53_46pm.thumb.png.0e625339150e248d6f193d3dd9fcec4c.png

Back row going up that spire will be awesome (Especially with the spinning seat)

2010502822_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_54_43pm.thumb.png.8241a704f99ef076eff9b64b14c57885.png

As I suspected, the train looks very similar to the ones for DC Rivals

1535247391_ScreenShot2020-06-12at4_55_39pm.png.79f3bd0e69e7a95c0f72c7082b7387c1.png

Edited by themagician
  • Like 2

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic