Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

47 minutes ago, Jakev8 said:

Looks like the train will be getting a new track layout passing buy the southern end of giant drop and no longer doing the loop around blue lagoon and a new set of track's to the maintenance sheds.

Well spotted.

That should help the "abomination" out too, removing the steep grade and tight radius curve. 

20 minutes ago, themagician said:

Also, it says on the final drawing, “wait space for 3 trains”

That's to pre-queue three passengers worth of trains. 

• Like 2

Looking at all the drawings closer, Interestingly, it’s proposed that the train track path will be altered slightly to go closer to the Giant Drop.

From what I can tell on these drawings, the path through the coasters site is there anymore, unless I’m missing it?

I don’t mind the snake skeleton ‘themed’ roof structure over the path the ride building. It’s a shame that the station building couldn’t have had theming elements added in. I’d like to see it match the aesthetic style of the BuzzSaw station. 

I also like the arch/entry for the area, but I think it will look out of place between SkyVoyager and Fairytale Treasures. Pink, rust and then white. That could be an eye sore. Maybe it should have been pushed back further into the land? And will they put the coasters name on the sign or the lands name?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, themagician said:

Looking at all the drawings closer, Interestingly, it’s proposed that the train track path will be altered slightly to go closer to the Giant Drop.

On the coloured drawing, their is a retaining wall structure running through the main line in a few places. The current mainline also has an access road on top it. 

The new mainline appears to turn left before Rocky Hollow station, head between the tower and motocoaster then into the main station. Would cut about 700m off the journey by my calculations. Nearly halving it's total length. 

9 hours ago, Jakev8 said:

Looks like the train will be getting a new track layout passing buy the southern end of giant drop and no longer doing the loop around blue lagoon and a new set of track's to the maintenance sheds.

According to the plans with the red and green, it's still going around blue lagoon and the maintenance shed. It's just moved a bit closer to GD on the run to the main station to make room for the coaster.

45 minutes ago, Whombex said:

According to the plans with the red and green, it's still going around blue lagoon and the maintenance shed. It's just moved a bit closer to GD on the run to the main station to make room for the coaster. 

It's looping over/around the old hollywood house footprint. Isn't Blue lagoon the thing next to the BB house?

To me, it doesn't look like there's going to be any pathway between this area and the Giant Drop. See the big red line below where fences are indicated

fence.png

11 hours ago, red dragin said:

Well spotted.

That should help the "abomination" out too, removing the steep grade and tight radius curve. 

That's to pre-queue three passengers worth of trains. 

Quite the opposite. Unless that new curve is graded really gently, it’s not going to work. Even the Baldwin would struggle with a full load up and through that curve. Stand at the end of Main Street station and look down to the track approaching Rocky Hollow. It’s very deceptive. That coupled with the fact it will be a tight curve, I’m very interested in seeing how it handles it that’s for sure..

• Like 1

Correct me if im wrong but the pathway in won't be level?

Also

• Painted themed column bases along paths
  • Wait space for 3 trains, meaning preloading 3 trains of guests onto markers
  • Appears to be only 1 service bay, so maximum 2 Trains
  • Photo Kiosk wall, no merch store
  •  Digital wait time (should be standard on all rides now)
  • "Instagram Feature"
  • Dreamworlds world famous seating is going into the observation section, with water, next to the entry point
  • Test Seat
  • Weatherproof storage lockers
  • 203m of queue
  • Express, Single and Spinner seat have combined 60m length
  • Assuming Express, Single and Spinner queue is on the left and splits into 1 for each 1/2 way down
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, T-bone said:

Quite the opposite. Unless that new curve is graded really gently, it’s not going to work. Even the Baldwin would struggle with a full load up and through that curve. Stand at the end of Main Street station and look down to the track approaching Rocky Hollow. It’s very deceptive. That coupled with the fact it will be a tight curve, I’m very interested in seeing how it handles it that’s for sure..

Is there anything stopping them turning the entire train around and running the other direction? The automatic boom gates could be rewired, that is the only thing I can think of. I don't remember the carriage design and if you can access the seats from each side.

And with all the machinery required to setup the coaster site, getting the grading and curve right shouldn't be took much work.

10 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Is there anything stopping them turning the entire train around and running the other direction? The automatic boom gates could be rewired, that is the only thing I can think of. I don't remember the carriage design and if you can access the seats from each side.

And with all the machinery required to setup the coaster site, getting the grading and curve right shouldn't be took much work.

The billabong station is to the left of the train, whereas at all other stations it is to the right. I would assume you could use both sides.

You can run the train backwards or the other way so to speak, both sides of the carriages are accessible. 

I have done some considerable research into this possibility, the gradient and curve coming out of Billabong and back to central is also pretty mad. A wet day and you would struggle to get a full load up there. At present, it is the steepest grade in the park, but it’s ok because you are going in the down direction.

I am very curious as to how they are going to do this. When construction starts at that end of the park, the area is going to change quite considerably. 

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic