Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

2 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Thought you'd ask. I noticed some of the trees proposed for removal are in front of the ice cream parlour. I think it'll look incredibly bland if they're removed - they add a bit of character to the space.

Each tree has been individually inspected. Trees are only removed if these pose a danger to the public or are in the way of an approved development.
A couple of the 17 will be modified/have certain branches removed etc but not be fully removed, you may find the one by the parlour falls in that category as it’s not in the way of the coaster development. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Predictable position for it I suppose, but one I strongly disagree with. Could be worse though, at least it's not in the parking lot.

Well I mean its the only large empty plot of land in the park left that's still within close proximity to the entrance. Take a left turn straight out of the gate, pass sky voyager and the entrance is right there in your face (at least according to the plans, thats what it will be). 

Unless you want to bulldoze Blue Lagoon or RHLR and have the ride tucked away back there its a no brainer to build in what was once Gold Rush. You're Dreamworld, spending your largest amount on individual attractions in decades, you surely want to have what will soon be your signature attraction front and centre in the park?

Edited by Baconjack

7 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Well I mean its the only large empty plot of land in the park left that's still within close proximity to the entrance. Take a left turn straight out of the gate, pass sky voyager and the entrance is right there in your face (at least according to the plans, thats what it will be). 

Unless you want to bulldoze Blue Lagoon or RHLR and have the ride tucked away back there its a no brainer to build in what was once Gold Rush. You're Dreamworld, spending your largest amount on individual attractions in decades, you surely want to have what will soon be your signature attraction front and centre in the park?

I mean I kind of understand the whole 'signature attraction front and centre' bit but I kind of hate that approach to theme park design (after all if you keep putting every new signature ride up front then then things will get crowded and ugly). Put your best rides throughout or even at the back of the park to draw people through your entire park. Granted Dreamworld is a different park than it used to be, so TRRR former site makes sense to fill the hole but I still don't think all the big rides should be up front.

4 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I mean I kind of understand the whole 'signature attraction front and centre' bit but I kind of hate that approach to theme park design (after all if you keep putting every new signature ride up front then then things will get crowded and ugly). Put your best rides throughout or even at the back of the park to draw people through your entire park. Granted Dreamworld is a different park than it used to be, so TRRR former site makes sense to fill the hole but I still don't think all the big rides should be up front.

After they fill the Gold Rush hole with Blue Fire Taipan, what other parts at the front of the park can accomodate an attraction? The closest they have to that is the old boneyard/adventure river site which isn't at the front of the park but is on the road that runs alongside the park.

20 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

After they fill the Gold Rush hole with Blue Fire Taipan, what other parts at the front of the park can accomodate an attraction? The closest they have to that is the old boneyard/adventure river site which isn't at the front of the park but is on the road that runs alongside the park.

Blue Lagoon-Big Brother Auditorium?

On 19/09/2020 at 4:56 PM, Baconjack said:

Speaking of passing Sky Voyager - I do hope that they're planning to knock down the fairy shop. I know, nostalgia and original buildings and all, but with SV's building encroaching on the original pathway through to Goldrush, its a pretty narrow portal to be pumping people through into your latest attraction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Speaking of passing Sky Voyager - I do hope that they're planning to knock down the fairy shop. I know, nostalgia and original buildings and all, but with SV's building encroaching on the original pathway through to Goldrush, its a pretty narrow portal to be pumping people through into your latest attraction.

image.thumb.png.527c9987c5c7e8f9091baafccb79a030.png

• Like 2

Well, you got a point there....  although this path was originally constructed as an access to a single ride, not a whole new land with multiple rides.

I hate walking down this path though. Groups just don't bunch up and spread wide in the face of oncoming traffic. Stick a railing down the centre with some one way directions (or better - gates). Not sure that you could fix this one though as the winch building to the right and the padmount to the left aren't really easily moved.

The fairy shop just needs a happy thought and some pixie dust.

The fairy shop needs to go. That path needs to be opened up more. Doing this will also allow a revamp of the 1980's toilet block also. Yes I am aware the old and last remaining "Western building" would be removed. But honestly DW make you normally do your photo scanning yourself. So no need for that shop anymore. It never opned anyway. Making a nice wide pathway is more inviting to anyone. No over over crowding either.

This will also help with the first aid station. As the path would be bigger allowing much better access to and from this location.

• Richard changed the title to Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster
  • Richard locked this topic